Sr. Product Marketing Manager
AppDirectSan Francsico6M ago
As a Sr. Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for crafting and executing go-to-market plans for the AppDirect subscription commerce platform. Some days you will, utilize your right-brain skills to conceive and develop innovative demand generation programs or craft brilliant stories to position and message our platform. Other days, you will go left-brain with your keen analytic skills to conduct in-depth market research helping our product teams prioritize roadmap plans or develop new pricing models. You have attention to detail, a high-quality bar and can understand and translate technical ideas into compelling, easy-to-understand buyer stories. You represent our buyers, what they need & how they buy, and enable our sales teams. You will work closely with every team at AppDirect HQ in downtown San Francisco, as well as our 10+ global offices. You will report to the Head of Product Marketing.
How you’ll make an impact and what you’ll do:
- Have a passion for our customers/buyers - be the expert on our buyers, how they purchase and their purchase criteria; be the expert on our market and key trends impacting our customers/buyers.
- Lead our go-to-market – partnering closely with sales, customer success, marketing, product, PR and executives to build and execute our GTM plans.
- Craft engaging stories - uniquely position and message our platform and solutions in the market and deliver them via pitch decks, solution briefs, web content and other materials.
- Deliver sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products.
- Launch our products – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Craft pricing – find the best ways to price our software.
- Demand generation – partner with marketing to develop the strategy and content that drive demand for our products.
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years of consulting or product marketing experience (SaaS experience is preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working on IoT with manufacturing a huge plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Samples of work will be requested and presentation skills will be tested with a live presentation opportunity
- Masterful story-telling abilities
- Detail oriented, analytic and data driven
- Be a successful self-starter - you are resourceful & resilient, and thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can run with minimal guidance, taking true ownership of your projects
- A love of learning and the ability to do it quickly – you can learn about a new market segment in days, understand new technologies in hours, and crave to know about what comes next.
- Like to take on challenges - you will be challenged and tested, and have fun doing it! You will come to work every day knowing what is expected of you, while at the same time being given the support and resources to determine how you’ll work to accomplish your goals.
- Desire to collaborate- you’ll work with sales, product, engineering, PR, marketing, and executive leadership teams to research, plan and execute your work.