ABOUT THIS ROLE:
Jetpack, Akismet, and WPScan are part of the Automattic family of brands. Our mission is to make websites successful through best-in-class experiences. We’re growing beyond the small business segment to also help larger companies, including Disney, Microsoft, Patreon, Adobe, and Zendesk. We are scaling fast and our team is helping drive some of the most exciting programs across the business.
We're looking for an experienced Product Marketer to help us build a strong foundation and guide us into the future. This is a high-impact role reporting directly to Jetpack’s VP of Marketing.
- Developing the GTM (go-to-market) strategy for our mid-market products like Akismet, WPScan, and VideoPress.
- Leading the creation of messaging that resonates with our audience by turning features into benefits that people naturally understand.
- Leading development of a new Akismet website that targets the mid-market segment.
- Producing compelling content that communicates our differentiators to support our sales team, including pitch decks, case studies, and white papers.
- Developing, testing, and iterating on programs to acquire and nurture qualified leads.
- Improving conversion rates through funnel optimization, lifecycle marketing, and paid media.
- Have experience launching successful GTM for B2B products and services.
- Have experience working closely with B2B sales teams on messaging, content, and playbooks.
- Have a data-driven approach — you know how to segment an audience and put numbers towards squishy campaigns. You love quantifying your work.
- Are a robust, proactive communicator comfortable leading multiple priorities.
- Take a hands-on approach to getting things done and hold yourself and others accountable.
- As a bonus, are comfortable analyzing large data sets using SQL, pivot tables, and other tools to develop hypotheses to inform future initiatives.
- As a bonus, are familiar with WordPress.
YOU’RE THRILLED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU:
- Are excited to be a leader on a small team with a huge opportunity to scale.
- Want to work in a remote-first culture that prioritizes results instead of time spent at a desk or sitting in meetings.
- Want the space to think big, set your own roadmap, and deliver.
- Love solving problems and discovering opportunities to help people succeed.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
Please include an answer to the following question in your cover letter:
- If you could make one improvement to Jetpack or Akismet, what would it be?