Product Marketing Manager • High-Tech
Opal Kelly IncorporatedPortland, OR2 months ago
Opal Kelly Incorporated is an established and growing electronics module manufacturer located in Southwest Portland / Tigard. We are currently searching for an experienced full time marketing strategist with a track record of success to lead our digital marketing efforts! You’ll be working directly with media editors, advertising outlets, and customers both directly and via social media.
The ideal candidate will have recent success working with an engineering team in one or more of the following areas: FPGAs, embedded systems, test & measurement, instrumentation, or semiconductors. You will have the experience and intuition to develop and deploy a highly-effective vision for improving customer awareness of our products and helping our product development team better understand customer needs. Through your hands-on efforts, you will be building the digital brand image of Opal Kelly and evangelizing our products through social media, online and print advertising.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Become an expert in the FPGA and embedded marketplace. Immerse in the language, become conversant with the technology, major players, major products, and product directions. Understand Opal Kelly's role and position. Understand our application space. Understand our competition. Research our customers and understand why they need / choose our solution.
- Work closely with our engineering team during new product launches and throughout the product life cycle to meet and exceed our customers' demands.
- Drive our product launches with event-driven activities such as:
- Press Releases
- Newsletters / Blog Posts
- Advertising Updates
- Editorial - Maintain relationships with editorial folks, create contributed article content
- Manage our customer awareness and digital acquisition strategy using:
- Lead Generation - Following up on lead generation activities and regularly checking in with customers
- Direct Creative - Manage creative generation for advertising campaigns
- Advertising - Maintain and curate advertising spend through multiple venues.
- Social Media - Twitter, LinkedIn, and other outlets.
- Content Marketing - Make regular, informed, relevant posts to our blog.
- AdWords - Manage Google AdWords assets, SEO, keywords, etc.
- Video - Make occasional videos when the inspiration hits!
- Conferences and Sponsorships
- Larger Projects
- Customer Outreach - Reach out to customers on a quarterly basis to maintain relationships and generate new content through case studies or a customer story.
- High Value Assets - Development of high value assets such as white papers, case studies, reports, etc that can be used to inform customers and help generate leads.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years experience in B2B marketing / advertising / sales within technology sector
- Strategic thinker who can drive connected marketing campaigns
- Working knowledge of web advertising (e.g. Google AdWords, LinkedIn)
- Working knowledge of web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Familiarity with eCommerce systems and strategies
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Windows and/or macOS)
- Excellent math (arithmetic) and problem solving skills
- Experience with WordPress, Figma, Adobe products, or similar
- Applications accepted via email only.
- Include resume, references, and cover letter.