Product Marketing Manager
CB InsightsNew York, NY1Y ago
We are looking for a dynamic, driven product marketer to join the Marketing team at CB Insights to lead launch plans for new products and feature releases, positioning and messaging, competitive analysis, and sales enablement. This individual ensures that strategic and tactical activities align with product and business goals.
The PMM is metrics-driven with strong ownership, prioritizes effectively in a fast-moving environment, and communicates clearly and persuasively. This person is able to drive focus and excellence within the programs they own, with their colleagues in Marketing and Product Management, and with colleagues across the organization.
- Own user and buyer personas including key characteristics (i.e. firmographics, demographics, psychographics, etc.), pain points, needs and goals. Ensure the organization is trained on personas and how to use them.
- Develop compelling product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target personas and differentiates us in the market.
- Develop and own competitive battlecards by understanding the competitive landscape and becoming an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Plan the launch of new products and feature releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Develop and own marketing plans including the objectives, tactics and budgets that align with company goals.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Support Sales and Customer Success teams by training them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users and developing the tools and collateral to enable their success.
- Create and deliver thought leadership content (i.e. whitepapers, webinars, blogs, ebooks, etc.) to influence customers, buyers, industry specialists, research analysts, key editors in the press and other third parties.
- Provide product and market expertise for events such as conferences, tradeshows, webinars and seminars.
- Conduct Win/Loss Analysis to understand and capture why recent evaluators of the product did or did not buy and what steps they took in the buying process.
- Partner cross-functionally to drive innovative marketing programs that are demonstrably impactful to the business, that drive device sales, develops the category, usage and satisfaction.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience
- Experience positioning & promoting new product, software and service offerings
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- Strong listening skills, and the ability to influence decisions and lead cross-functional initiatives.
- Natural storytelling skills with a gift for writing and ability to create compelling content that speaks to customer pain points. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely customer-focused approach, with a passion for uncovering insights and translating them into actionable product & marketing plans.
- Track record of successful product launches and proven ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment, adeptness at leveraging data to inform recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to be both strategic and hands-on.
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Happy, Helpful, Humble, and Hungry: Check out more about our company culture here.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.