R-Zero is the first biosafety technology company dedicated to making the indoor spaces we share safer, healthier and more productive. Founded to meet a once-in-a-generation opportunity to rethink how society understands health risks in indoor spaces, we develop the most effective and innovative technologies to reduce the spread of all infectious diseases. Combining space utilization sensor technology, AI, ML and IoT connected hardware, R-Zero’s intelligent biosafety platform provides first-of-its-kind visibility, automation and smart risk reduction in the indoor environments where humans spend 90% of their time. We are pioneering a category at the intersection of technology and public health, centered around a mission to solve one of society’s greatest challenges: Delivering a future without sick days. Today, R-Zero’s software-enabled biosafety technologies empower a higher standard of health and safety for hundreds of thousands of people across the country - and we’re just getting started.
We are a fast-growing startup, backed by thought-leaders across health, hospitality, sports, commercial real estate and impact sectors - including those who have propelled some of the most transformative tech and innovation in history. DBL Partners, World Innovation Lab (WiL), SOSV, and John Doerr have all invested in our vision for a future that prioritizes human health.
As we grow our team, we’re looking for candidates who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo, and are motivated to usher in a new era of public health and safety. #LI-Remote
The Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing and creating content as it relates to R-Zero products across verticals. You will be responsible for monitoring and analyzing the competitive landscape and executing go-to-market strategies.
This role is a great fit for a creative thinker with a passion for innovative products and working collaboratively with marketing, product and sales teams.
The Product Marketing Manager will have the opportunity for significant exposure and visibility across the business. This role initially reports to the Director of Product Marketing.
What You’ll Do:
- Create buyer journeys for the buyers of our products in different ecosystems and verticals. Understand the decision making process of potential buyers - triggers, needs, product discovery process and buying criteria.
- Create compelling value propositions, messaging, positioning blueprints for different personas. Collaborate with the demand generation team to plan and execute go-to-market activities for new products and features.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and keep track of direct competitors and substitute or alternative products in different verticals.
- Study new research materials generated by the research team and connect the findings with existing and new product features.
- Identify alternative segments and/or verticals for existing products and solutions. Evaluate new business opportunities and create stories for why we should or shouldn't enter a market.
- Create and maintain an effective relationship with the sales team and equip members of the sales team with tools, support and information that will make it easier to score leads and close deals faster.
- Partner closely with the product team to understand the product roadmap and timelines. Drive alignment on strategic success measures.
- Stay connected with the customer success team to get customer insights from feedback that is obtained from the onboarding process, customers calls and claims processes.
- Work closely with the marketing ops team to review top and bottom of the funnel and close the feedback loop by enhancing or modifying target personas and micro segmentation strategies.
- Be a product champion and represent the brands and/or products at conferences and trade shows
What We’re Looking For:
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or related field.
- 2-5 years of experience in product marketing. Prior experience in hardware, IoT technologies, healthcare is a plus.
- Be a natural storyteller so you can communicate facts in story form.
- Possess intellectual curiosity. You will be using both your right and your left brain on most days. You may be reading scientific research papers and talking to customers on the same day.
- The ability to work on multiple projects or customer verticals is a must. Being a self-starter is necessary to thrive in this role.
- Ability to envision and articulate end-to-end value propositions and customer scenarios
This position may require up to 15% domestic travel.
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At R-Zero, we specifically look for individuals with diverse strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our customers and mission, while helping us grow as a team and individuals.
You’ll love working at R-Zero because of our:
- High-impact mission and purpose-driven team / culture
- Flexibility to choose how you work - whether it be remote (anywhere in the USA), in our brand new Salt Lake City HQ, or a combination of the two
- Competitive salary, startup equity + incentives
- Excellent healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision) covered at 100% for employees, with active enrollment eligibility - so coverage starts on day one
- We’re in the business of improving human health for all, so the health of every employee and their families is key
- 401(k) program with zero waiting period, so you can start investing in your future on day one
- Dedication to deep work on Wednesday - no internal meetings, so you can focus on what’s most important
- Unlimited time off
- Company-sponsored quarterly meetups to connect as a team
Perks are nice, but perks aren’t what makes R-Zero an incredible place to work. It’s our mission, team, and the opportunity to move society forward with impact-driven work that does. At R-Zero, we’re building category-defining technology to solve one of society’s greatest public health challenges, and our work compels us to show up each day for our customers and our teams, while feeling well supported in our benefits.
Tied to our science-based mission focused on human health and safety, R-Zero maintains a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our priority is first and foremost the health and safety of our employees, partners and our community. Please note that R-Zero is an equal opportunity employer and we will comply with applicable law regarding accommodations.