Product Marketing Manager
ApteanAlpharetta17 days ago
Job Title: Software Product Marketing Manager
Join a team where you can be an integral part of Aptean’s success.
The Who, What, Where and Why
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for the overall market opportunity assessment, positioning and messaging of the products within a specified business unit. This person is also responsible for the marketing of product launches and creation of product collateral. Inherent in fulfilling these responsibilities is a substantial amount of customer, market, product, and competitive analysis.
We’d like this person to have the following skills/abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Working knowledge of Sirius Decisions’ Product Marketing framework or Pragmatic Marketing framework is strongly preferred.
• Leadership: Must possess solid leadership qualities with proven business results. Must be able to work with limited supervision and be accountable for actions and decisions. Must be skilled at working in a matrixed business environment.
• Communication: Must be a strong facilitator with excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to interface appropriately and present product positioning and value at all levels (i.e. peers, management, customers).
• Project Management: Must possess outstanding organization and project management skills, along with the ability to interact with a wide range of cross-functional teammates, buyers and customers.
• Analytical: Must have strong data analysis and deductive reasoning skills. Must be able to articulate what was learned and develop a business case (where appropriate)
In this role, you would:
Market Opportunity Assessment:
• Analyze win/loss data and leverage insights to make recommendations to key stakeholders within the business in regards to product strategy
• Identify unmet customer or segment needs that may represent market opportunity, conduct relevant product fit and gap analysis, and then map those needs with target markets and analyze the mark segments to actively pursue
• Responsible for market sizing including TAM (total addressable market), SAM (serviceable addressable market) and market share estimates
• Become an expert on Aptean’s technology and services solutions, including Aptean’s unique value proposition in the market, based on a thorough understanding of the market problems and competition
• Build product and industry positioning and messaging and develop product collateral
• Develop the competitive comparison guide for use in positioning against like offerings from other organizations
Buyer & Customer Expertise:
• Map out the potential buying process for our products, including developing buyer personas for the key roles in the buying and renewal processes
• Build relevant content for buyer roles to consume in a variety of formats throughout the buying process, including presentations, white papers, brochures, social media, web pages, and more
• Drive customer retention strategies, including conducting win/loss analysis and identifying product references for industry and customer referrals
Speaking to the Market:
• Collaborate with our Sales Enablement and Corporate Marketing functions on well -defined campaign and sales enablement plans
• Assist in the creation of thought-leadership and sales enablement content (e.g., blogs, playbooks, battlecards, sales scripts, presentations, training modules and demos)
• Manage launch planning and orchestrate execution of the commercial release of a product, including campaign strategy and/or alignment to existing solution campaign structure
In this role you will work on a great team that values self-motivation, attention to detail, and effective communication. This team is fast-paced and collaborative.
Aptean is where go-getters with strong problem solving skills can thrive. We provide learning opportunities across the company so that you can build and advance your career here no matter your background. Each and every one of us has a different story and different strengths. We are a dynamic company that cares about our 1,700 employees as much as our customers, and our leadership team believes in finding and retaining awesome people.
To promote health and wellness, Aptean employees are provided with competitive compensation, robust benefits beginning day-one, and a self-managed PTO policy. Our open-office environment and modern breakroom allow people to get to know each other from across departments.
This position will be located in our corporate headquarters in Alpharetta, GA at 4325 Alexander Dr #100, Alpharetta, GA 30022. You will enjoy our perks: mini-mart for snacks, drinks, and quick lunches, modern breakroom that allows people to get to know employees from other departments, monthly birthday celebrations, massages, monthly food trucks and breakfasts – all provided in an open-office environment. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in the power of working collaboratively and winning together; that strives to balance work and home life, that seeks and hires teams of motivated go-getters, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Aptean is a private-equity backed software company that connects companies in specific industries with specialized software solutions. In today’s fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don’t have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds with streamlined industry-specific software solutions. That’s why over 4,100+ highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 54 countries rely on us to simplify their everyday operations.
If you are looking for a company where you can give your best, work collaboratively, and build your career, we encourage you to submit an application!
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any applicant for employment or employee with Aptean because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other group status protected by applicable law.