Director Product Marketing
ZuoraSan Francisco Bay Area1Y ago
For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora provides cloud-based software on a subscription basis that enables any company in any industry to successfully launch, manage, and transform into a subscription business. Our growth story is only just beginning and our Marketing organization is pivotal in sustaining our rapid growth across the globe. We’re looking for a highly collaborative, hands-on Director of Product Marketing with prior experience delivering innovative SaaS business applications and solutions to help take Zuora RevPro’s positioning and market message to the next level.
As the Director of Product Marketing for Zuora RevPro product line, you’ll work alongside our product, marketing and sales teams to drive the strategy for key go-to-market solutions; taking complex ideas and communicating them in a simple, elegant way. You’ll engage in deep dialog with customers, and hone in on the compelling reasons why their business would benefit from our solutions. You’ll leverage your creative soul to develop powerful sales pitches and compelling marketing assets that showcase our leading subscription management products. And perhaps best of all, you’ll learn a great deal about the craft of product marketing along the way.
Join us and make shift happen!
What you’ll achieve:
- Drive the go-to-market strategy and positioning for our revenue automation solution
- Lead messaging, positioning and packaging for the Zuora RevPro product line
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Marketing to create differentiated corporate and product positioning for Zuora RevPro
- Deliver assets and collateral to help the sales team articulate our value through PowerPoint, imagery, videos and product write-ups
- Craft engaging and high quality marketing collateral using every medium: videos, keynotes, the written word, and the almighty PowerPoint
- Perform a competitive market analysis and enhance our arsenal of competitive weapons.
- Work with marketing, sales, PR and event teams to develop product launch plans and roll out new product capabilities
- Work with some of the best and industry renowned product management and marketing executives in the business
- Make a measurable impact on one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley
Product Marketing at Zuora is a broad role. As such, we need well-rounded “athletes” who can:
- Put together compelling pitches that makes people want to buy
- Develop a point of view and create thought leadership for complex topics like consumption-based pricing and usage rating
- Go deep on the product and engage with customers in new, creative ways
- Research the market to understand competitive and market dynamics, and use that understanding to guide the field
- Work with data, and not be afraid to dive into stats and metrics about product usage, pricing analysis, market analysis etc.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 5+ years experience in sales engineering, product marketing, or management consulting at a high tech company is preferred
- Proven track record of crafting compelling customer facing presentations (you will be asked to provide samples)
- Ability to be scrappy and successfully drive projects in a startup environment (with minimal guidance, limited resources)
- Strong skills in communication, presenting, writing and ability to work well cross-functionally
- SaaS experience a plus
- Knowledge of Revenue Recognition or CPA-certified a plus but not required
- MBA a plus
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their experience and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isn’t an empty branding effort – our ZEOs love working here and it shows in our rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com