Director of Product Marketing
BlueboardSan Francisco, San Diego2 months ago
Blueboard is an employee recognition and incentives platform powered by hand-curated experiences. Our platform makes it easy for companies to give meaningful rewards, incentives, and gifts—from one-of-a-kind to once-in-a-lifetime experiences. From a luxurious spa day to a trip around the world to see the Northern Lights to a family adventure behind-the-scenes at a local aquarium, we make it simple for companies to give their top performers memorable, meaningful, and personalized experiences. With Blueboard, employees enjoy incredible experiential rewards, and our clients increase employee engagement and elevate their team cultures.
Born and raised in San Francisco, Blueboard launched in 2014 and now serves hundreds of clients across the world. Our global team is nearly 100 Blueboarders strong, and we are thrilled to be a Great Place to Work, as well as one of San Diego’s Best and Brightest employers. We are venture-backed, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, and Europe. Learn more at Blueboard.com.
We are building a team rich in diverse talents and experiences, and we welcome all applicants. If you’re not sure whether you’re qualified, but you’re passionate about Blueboard, we encourage you to apply!
About This Role:
Blueboard is on the search for our first Director of Product Marketing to help take us to the next level. This role will own day-to-day operations and long-term product marketing strategy, so we are looking for a candidate who brings expertise, versatility, and an enthusiasm for getting into the details. In this role, you'll be building out the Product Marketing function from scratch, setting strategy, and collaborating cross-functionally to ensure that new initiatives are executed successfully.
The experience delivery platform we’re building at Blueboard has many applications outside of the HR use cases that we’re currently selling, including sales incentives, customer loyalty incentives, and corporate gifts. As the Director of Product Marketing, you’ll be focused on packaging Blueboard for new use cases and new buyers, as well as executing the marketing and communications plans to support the launch and adoption of new product features and initiatives.
This role will be remote until January 2021. When it's safe to return to onsite work, we'll expect this position to be based out of either our San Francisco or San Diego office.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with our Senior Director of Marketing on strategic marketing campaigns across a variety of online and offline channels, including content, demand gen, events, webinars, brand design and product education.
- Exploring, discovering, and evaluating additional use cases for our experience delivery platform.
- Crafting high-level product positioning and messaging for a diverse set of buyers across all use cases.
- Acting as a liaison for our Product team while serving as an advocate for our target buyer and continuously surfacing insights from our clients, sales team & deep market research.
- Driving communication strategy & execution for new product launches.
- Enabling our GTM team with quality product content for all use cases at all stages of the buying journey.
- Becoming an expert in our space; mastering the competitive landscape so that we can communicate key differentiators of our products and identify opportunities for future growth.
Please reach out to us if this sounds like you:
- You're a subject matter expert, with 3-5 years of B2B product marketing experience.
- You're an experienced or developing leader, ready to own the Product Marketing function.
- You are excited to come on as our first Product Marketer and develop our practice and discipline from scratch.
- You are motivated by your team’s success over your own individual glory.
- You've had experience evaluating and launching additional use cases for an existing product.
- You're an outstanding verbal and written communicator.
- You’re comfortable giving and receiving feedback and are excited to grow through your own experiences (whether big wins, mistakes, or failures).
- You’re able to exhibit ownership of your work and proactively use data to understand what’s working and what isn’t within your marketing strategy.
- You’re able to digest data and turn insights into an actionable plan of action.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are exceptionally resourceful and creative.
- You are motivated by challenges and your own personal growth.
- You have strong attention to detail and an eye for quality design and copy.
- You love collaborating across marketing and sales teams and have demonstrated a strong ability to execute cross-functionally.
If you’re passionate about bringing your product marketing knowledge to Blueboard, we encourage you to apply. We're looking forward to meeting you!
As a member of the Blueboard team, you can expect:
☀ A competitive salary based on experience
☀ Medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401K plan
☀ A flexible vacation policy and 12 companywide holidays so that you can refresh, relax, and invest time in your interests
☀ An annual tenure reward each year to go #blueboarding
☀ Interesting and fun team events to build meaningful relationships with your colleagues, as well as retreats and occasional work from abroad experiences
☀ Internal learning and development programs and a personal budget for your own professional growth
☀ Dog-friendly offices and Work From Home Wednesdays (when we return to our offices)
☀ A brilliant, inclusive, collaborative, hard-working team to partner with
☀ An incredible opportunity to help build and share an exciting new product that excites and delights people around the world