VP Product Marketing, Content & Brand
The VP Product Marketing, Content & Brand is a pivotal, demanding and broad role. At its core, product marketing & content is responsible for 6 key growth drivers for the business. Sales armory, market knowledge, business positioning, thought leadership, new product GTM strategy and customer research, education and engagement.
As VP. You will lead a small, but extremely capable team across product marketing, content and brand. You will have multiple Senior management stakeholders (CMO, CRO, CCO & CPO) who are reliant on your speed and quality of execution. Your primary focus will be to develop compelling and simple value-based product content for use across multiple channels, including the website and sales materials and will develop the themes and supporting proof points to use in demand generation and awareness campaigns. You will also be an evangelist for Triptease and the direct booking movement. This will involve speaking at events, interacting with clients, prospects, partners and hotel tech media.
You will become an indispensable resource to our sales teams by providing insight into customer needs, competitors and market dynamics as well as by creating compelling and effective materials and content to support the sales process.
The ideal candidate will have led product marketing functions previously and executed rapid GTM programs, content strategy, brand development and sales enablement at a high level. To thrive in the role you need to have exceptional attention to detail, the unique ability to create the simple resonating message from the complex narrative and a willingness to embrace our culture of Rocketship, Obsessive learning, One Team and Customer Wow.
Responsibilities will include:
- Craft compelling messaging and positioning for internally and externally facing product collateral, including demo videos, data sheets, 1 pagers, FAQ, sales decks & blogs.
- Deeply understand our customer audience and their needs, market dynamics, competitors and product levers to help grow the business.
- Build and validate value propositions, messaging, proof points to drive internal and external simple business narrative.
- Lead the content and editorial strategy to continue our dominant thought leadership position within hotel technology and the direct booking movement.
- Design and plan the Go To Market strategy across departments and take ownership of the ready to sell phase of the launch.
- Own the brand direction brand equity.
- Deep dive into platform usage to identify drop off areas, feature engagement and other insights to inform campaigns to develop to drive customer education.
- Answer the question why? Why should a customer buy our product. What problem does our solution solve. How do we fix a customer problem.
- Run point on the GTM process to enable and collaborate across all departments.
- Dive into the win /loss analysis and pull out clear opportunities for future growth and changes to our product direction and sales messaging.
- Own all digital packaging and potential sales touch points such as website, event presentations and sales pitches.
- Identify triggers and signals that indicate propensity to churn or clients happiness and work with product squads to develop messaging, products and comms to react.
- Build content to land a differentiated story with compelling business value backed by customer evidence.
- Meet with 100's of customers. Build relationships and maximise direct feedback into our product and sales strategies and tactical execution.
What you’ll need:
- 8 years’ relevant experience with at least 4 in Product Marketing, ideally within a B2B SaaS business
- Proven product marketing expertise
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally effectively.
- Credible in front of customers, Senior Management and Product leadership
- Work virtually with teams spread across NORAM & APAC
- Ability to deal with short-term priority changes while maintaining a long-term perspective on department and company objectives.
- Focus on solving customer problems
- Articulate complex information into simplistic soundbites
- Thrive in ambiguity
- Strategic thinking balanced with tactical execution
- Ability to act decisively
- Anaysitical with strong attention to detail
Who we are
Triptease is a global technology business that is disrupting the hotel industry.
We are on a mission to save the hotel industry by driving the world back to booking direct.
The hotel industry is highly fragmented with the top 10 global hotel groups collectively having less than 15% market share of all hotels. 2 giant Online Travel Agents (Booking.com and Expedia) dominate online hotel booking and they also own most of the meta-search providers (kayak, hotels.com, Trivago etc). This gives them the power to charge hotels a commision of between 10-30% of the room value. In the long run, the hotel industry risks having less profit available to reinvest in the guest experience and will become a commodity sold through these 2 tech giants who own the guest relationship and data. This is not a happy future for hotels or guests. Unless we do something about it!
The difference we are making
In 2015 we launched the first price comparison tool for hotel websites giving customers transparency of pricing and helping to show guests that the hotel direct price was often the best. Since then we have launched new products every year to help hotels get more direct customers and relationships. In 2017 we conducted over 70M live price searches across more than 10,000 hotels and encouraged over 500,000 guests to book direct with hotels helping hotels to save 100s of millions in OTA commissions. In 2016 we launched the world’s first Direct Booking Summit with the best experts and thought-leaders sharing ideas on how to further the direct booking movement. It now runs across the world from Dallas to Singapore.
Between 2015 and 2018 Triptease grew from 8 people with no revenue to over $10M in Annual Recurring Revenue, a team of over 120+ and offices in London (HQ), New York and Singapore.
The business is Venture capital backed by Notion Capital, the Business Growth Fund and Episode 1. We have raised over $20M to date and are clear market leaders.
Our team is dynamic, smart, international and ambitious and characterised by a commitment to the culture we are building: an environment and team where we move fast; get the best of each other by putting the needs of the collective over our own; obsessing continuously about learning and improving and finding ways to make our customers go weak at the knees with delight (whether they are internal or external customers). We also like to bring our whole team together from around the world to learn, to get to know each other and to celebrate our achievements. Our Christmas parties are legendary and have taken us to Paris, Barcelona, Rome, Madrid so far.