VP Product Marketing
ZuoraSan Mateo, CA3M ago
For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora’s leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Our growth story is only just beginning and we’re seeking a highly collaborative VP, Product Marketing to design, build and lead a world-class Product Marketing organization capable of supporting Zuora’s growth ambitions: to be the company to whom the world’s best companies turn to for driving the technology and business transformations necessary to win in the Subscription Economy.
As a key leader in the organization, the VP, Product Marketing will leverage our strong foundation to help drive radical business transformation with an emphasis on consistency, predictability and efficiency that will ultimately translate our current leadership position into long-term, durable growth. You will: create a focused, high-impact marketing strategy for Zuora’s product portfolio that is grounded in deep customer and market insights; craft inspired, well positioned stories to excite prospects and customers and invigorate our internal teams; help reduce churn and improve NPS through increased engagement and product usage within our customer base; energize our field team through compelling enablement materials like positioning, motions, playbooks and other tools that help them ramp faster and win; And deliver winning positioning that shapes the market and is reflected back to us by prospects, customers, analysts, and media.
Join us and make shift happen!
What you’ll do & achieve:
· Design, build and lead a world-class Product Marketing organization that PMMs crave to be a part of to develop their skills and grow their careers
· Develop a Product Marketing organization that serves as a key external face of the organization to inspire our customer base and attract prospects at Subscribed events, the Zuora Advisory Group, and other channels
· Partner with our Product Management and Field organizations to develop a clear, compelling marketing strategy, including: defining our TAM, marketing themes, and competitive positioning
· Own positioning, messaging, and content associated with how we bring our diverse product portfolio to market across our target customer segments
· Partner with Sales and Operations leaders to define and iterate on our GTM motions, sales engagement process, and pricing and packaging strategy
· Collaborate extensively with Sales Enablement on the creation and evolution of our sales content for every segment and function, from initial meeting to final close deck
· Reinforce Zuora’s position as the recognized market leader via inspired, compelling and consistent product positioning tied to our key differentiated value drivers
· Enable Zuora to consistently be on the offensive in the market via a robust and proactive competitive intelligence muscle that translates into high-impact sales, go to market plays and product roadmap decisions
· Partner with Analyst Relations to evangelize our point of view on the market to the analyst community and to ensure we receive the highest possible ratings."
· Create a PMM organization that 1) is seen as an amazing partner by the organization, 2) deeply values iteration and customer feedback, and 3) ensures our strategy and positioning is aligned across everything we do, including: developing a repeatable, actionable feedback loop across Sales, Marketing, Product and Services
What you’ll need to be successful:
· 10+ years of product marketing experience desired; consumer-facing product marketing experience is also a benefit
· A deep love of positioning and the written word, because words truly matter (written or otherwise)
· Deep experience leading product marketing teams within B2B SaaS, tech companies
· Experience skillfully building, mentoring and coaching 10-20 person PMM organizations into a thoughtful, efficient, and quality team
· Expertise empowering and instilling confidence in cross-functional teams - Product, Field, etc.
· Skilled at partnering with VP and C-level executives in driving business decision-making and product road mapping
· An opinion along with the willingness and ability to thoughtfully make your argument
· Experience interpreting a company’s mission and priorities into a strategic and tactical Product Marketing plan with a proven ability to create and convey a distinct plan, goals, to both your teams, cross-functional partners and executive leaders
· Able to combine both internal user data and consumer insights to help map the product experience; you live and breathe the user experience, immerse yourself in user trends, research, live interactions and you complement all decisions with supportive analytics and test/measure performance
· Experience working seamlessly across departments to ensure the best outcome for the business, you’re known for taking ownership of the outcomes by working with others and staying accountable to your actions
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isn’t an empty branding effort – our ZEOs love working here and it shows in our rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com