What we do and why we do it
As the leading marketplace for single-family rental homes, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost-effective, and simple. We successfully merge our passion for helping investors build wealth through real estate with cutting-edge technology that transforms the way they do it.
How it’s going (and growing)
With a talented team of 500+ Roofsters, our collaborative and can-do culture is what fuels our growth. We recently closed on our series E, raising nearly $400 million, and have offices in California, Texas, and New York as well as many remote opportunities. Our growth includes recent acquisitions of Great Jones (full-service property management) and Stessa (financial management software) to empower customers with a seamless way to acquire, manage, and track their investment properties on one platform.
Under our roof
We get a lot of attention for our innovation—like being on the Forbes Fintech 50 and Red Herring 100—but we’re most proud of being recognized as a Great Place to Work® (Check out our reviews!). We’re nice, get things done, and have fun. We champion professional growth and work-life balance. In fact, our values are B.A.D.A.S.S.
Be customer obsessed.
Act like an owner, because you are one.
Don’t be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
All of us are empowered to do the right thing.
Stay curious and create what’s next. Fast.
Seriously. No jerks.
Roofstock is looking for a Sr. Product Marketing Manager to support the growth of the Roofstock Trades Marketplace. This marketer will partner closely with product, engineering, sales, ops and internal creative teams to drive the go-to-market strategy for our primary trading platform that serves both buyers and sellers of single-family rental investors. As the digital investment category is getting crowded, Roofstock needs a natural storyteller that can help our product and future product vision shine as we develop new products and features in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
What You Will Do:
- Conduct deep benchmarking to understand value props of other competitive investment platforms for both sellers and buyers
- Embed with cross-functional teams to gain a deep understanding of the end-to-end Roofstock Marketplace product and transaction process
- Solidify and tests messaging, narratives and positioning to accelerate transaction growth, engaging both buyers and sellers
- Surveys sellers and buyers, analyzes both prospect and customer feedback to identify areas of opportunity for product/feature improvement
- Be bold and use data to recommend product/feature improvements, co-owning the roadmap with product
- Build GTM plan for release of new products and features
- Own messaging and end-to-end cross-sell strategies specific to other Roofstock user bases/channels (Stessa, Great Jones) and through other external partners
- Deliver sales enablement material to both Roofstock sales/ops teams and other internal stakeholders
- Partner closely with product and engineering teams to build the go-to-market strategies for new features and products
- Obsess over customer experience and business delivery, while driving toward achievement of growth targets through owned channels
What You Bring With You:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Technical field; MBA Preferred
- 6+ years of marketing experience, with 3+ years of product marketing
- Experience in real estate investing is a plus
- Ability to think big and market to a multiple audiences
- A natural curiosity to test, measure, learn and iterate to get the best results possible
- Strong communication, time management and project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously
- Team player attitude with good follow through
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
Flexible time off and sick days
Supplemental bonus to support "work from home" office needs
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
We are an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.