Sr. Product Marketing Manager
ConvivaNew York, Silicon Valley1Y ago
Sr Product Marketing Manager
Marketing Foster City, California New York, New York
Have you watched Game of Thrones on www.hbo.com or live broadcasting of FIFA World Cup on www.espn.com? If the answer is yes, you have already used Conviva technologies.
Conviva is the real-time decisioning platform for optimized streaming entertainment. More than 250 industry leaders across 5 continents – including CBS, DAZN, HBO, Hulu, PlayStation™Vue, Sky, Sling TV, Turner, and Univision – rely on Conviva to maximize their consumer engagement, deliver the quality experiences viewers expect, and drive revenue growth. With a global footprint of 100 billion streams per year across 3 billion applications streaming on devices, Conviva offers streaming providers unmatched scale for continuous video measurement, intelligence, and benchmarking across every second of every stream on every screen.
Conviva is seeking a Senior Product Marketing Manager (PMM) to develop, execute and bring to life product marketing strategies and initiatives for Conviva’s Ad Insgihts and Experience Insights products for TV publishers, advertisers and the digital video ecosystem. In addition to positioning, messaging and go-to-market effectiveness, you will be responsible for implementing a broad array of deliverables and initiatives in support of the products you own. You’ll also be part of a team ensuring alignment and promotion across our entire portfolio of data-driven solutions and artificial intelligence (AI)-powered platform. This role reports to the VP of Product Marketing.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a revenue-motivated, strategic marketing professional, someone who can partner effectively across the organization to differentiate Conviva products, drive market demand and fuel customer acquisition, activation, engagement and retention. The successful PMM will be able to respond quickly to changing business needs, possess deep understanding of digital video content and the streaming advertising ecosystem, digital video delivery (CDNs, ISPs, networks) technologies and digital video advertising (ad delivery chain, ad servers, programmatic advertising, client and server-side ad insertion). Proven success launching and growing quality products and partnering with sales, business development, product management, corporate marketing, finance and senior management to achieve business goals are critical. Direct experience in streaming digital video publishing and monetization, delivery, measurement and advertising are a plus.
What you get to do
- Be the Expert on your Ad Product: Build deep knowledge of the market, customers, competitors, influencers and partners to guide content creation and GTM strategies. Be the thought leader on industry trends, key use cases, and business benefits. Establish yourself as the go-to source through product & sales collateral, ROI analyses, presentations, web copy, whitepapers, demos, blogs, webinars, etc.
- Lead Go-To-Market. For both new and next generation products, work closely with stakeholders & peers across the organization to craft detailed launch plans including product fit to market, messaging, pitches, packaging and pricing, marketing materials and rollout schedules. Lead execution throughout the full new product introduction lifecycle, including early-access, public announcement, GA & early market adoption.
- Enable Sales. Develop the “what we make” and “what we make possible” stories that make our value propositions compelling. Arm sales with what they need to accelerate pipeline growth, close deals and shorten time-to-market. Ensure frequent two-way communication. Share critical knowledge and tools: demos, presentations and pitch decks, demos, competitive battle cards, training materials, FAQs and case studies. Join the field for customer pitches, meetings and QBRs to gather and act on new insights.
- Drive Growth-Market Strategies: Define, refine and monitor product KPIs through critical growth and expansion phases. Work with solution consulting and product management teams to iterate on messaging and pitches based on customer and market feedback and progress against corporate/revenue goals. Develop new use cases, build customer references and success stories, represent Conviva at industry events, and take proactive steps to make it easier for customers to evaluate, choose and demand us.
- Define New Market Requirements. Develop strong business cases for product initiatives with detailed market requirement documents (MRDs). Work closely with product management team on roadmap planning.
- Analyze the Market. Perform continual assessment of competitive landscape, develop and refine competitive positioning to inform all stakeholders in the company. Stay on top of digital video publishing and delivery ecosystem, ad tech and general technology trends; translate them into POVs, educate product and business teams, devise ways to assimilate trends internally.
What you bring to the role
- Relevant Experience: 3+ years of product marketing and/or product management experience with streaming advertising, digital video publishing,, content monetization platforms, content delivery and management tools.
- Deep audience knowledge. You are a quick study, committed to knowing the digital video delivery and advertising ecosystem, buyers and competition better than anyone – who they are, their priorities, considerations and behaviors. You have passion for digital media, streaming video, branding, advertising, TV and digital device ecosystem. You’re exceptional at making findings actionable for sales, product and marketing, as well as using the information to inform your go-to-market and growth strategies.
- Messaging mastery. You are in a class of your own when it comes to articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can craft a compelling narrative across different audiences, markets and channels, and know how to develop strong messaging maps and effective content strategy plans. Plus, you have solid copywriting/storytelling of your own and world-class presentation.
- Global/Multi-product mindset. You have a proven track record for developing, prioritizing and promoting/cross-promoting multiple products/product lines simultaneously, spanning multiple audiences & international markets.
- Internal Partner Development. You are a master at crafting and maintaining key cross-functional relationships with product management, sales and business development to ensure unified team effort in go-to-market, launches and broad-scale rollouts.
- Ease with Data. You know how to rapidly source the data you need and use it to tell an insightful story that drives change. Leveraging data to make decisions and foster growth is second nature to you, and a skill you have successfully developed within your teams. You have a proven track record for surfacing better data and insights to drive towards more revenue, adoption and success.
- Deep Domain and Functional Expertise. You have working knowledge of digital video: delivery, measurement, advertising and ecosystem. You are analytical, results and detail-oriented professional who can operate at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Sales Enablement. You have the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits, and transfer that knowledge to the sales team and our customers, is crucial. Under your guidance, cross-functional marketing and content teams will effectively communicate our product value propositions and deliver the sales tools that support the selling cycles for your products.
- Process-Practical. You value repeatable practices, but not at the expense of progress. You speak up when best practices prove not to be, encourage others to challenge the status quo, and double-down when you find something that works.
- Commitment to Results: Ideal candidate is someone who takes initiative, hates to lose for any reason, and drives projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- BA/BS degree required in related fields. MBA preferred.
Conviva powers every internet-connected screen with the most engaging viewing experiences imaginable by elevating the way OTT businesses use data-driven intelligence. For years, HBO, Sky, ESPN and the like have been using the Conviva Platform to enlighten, reveal and inform with important insights around consumer in-screen viewing experience allowing them to connect those metrics to important business outcomes. This allows customers to not only maximize subscriber retention and growth but also understand content and viewing trends so that they can deliver more personalized viewing experiences. We make engagement a data-driven outcome based on actionable quality of experience (QoE) analytics. Conviva is privately held and headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices in New York and London. For more information, please visit us at www.conviva.com