Sonarcloud Product Marketing Manager - Cloud Service
Let's start with the impact you will have when joining us :
SonarCloud is an online service to eliminate bugs and vulnerabilities, and champion quality code in software development process. It is already the standard product that extends Github, Bitbucket and Azure DevOps. Our goal is to make it the ultimate online automatic code analysis solution and get it adopted by millions of users for millions of projects and billions of lines of code.
As a SonarCloud Product Marketing Manager you will have an opportunity to define and share impactful stories with the world. You'll share stories about the SonarCloud value proposition, about how it can enhance software development workflows and about how it can solve challenges that developers, teams and organizations of all sizes may encounter. You’ll get to work with fully integrated Product Teams, contribute to product positioning and roadmaps, and also grow through rich, cross-team interactions.
On a daily basis, you will
- Be responsible for nailing down the core value proposition to position for SonarCloud features
- Create stories that connect product features, to tangible benefits, to the overall value-prop
- Identify the targeted persona and work with Digital Marketing Managers on how to best impact that audience
- Interact with Designers from the get-go, in order to jointly build an impactful story (strong content + great UX)
- Drive the delivery of Marketing stories (from content production, to design, SEO, promotion etc.), as part of a fully integrated and fast growing Marketing team
On a more weekly basis:
- Contribute to SonarCloud Team (based in Geneva) discussions about ongoing feature development & the roadmap
- Identify and prioritize promotion opportunities as new features are deployed on SonarCloud
- Drive go-to-market activities with SonarCloud partners
The skills you will demonstrate
You have proven experience (5+ years) in Product Marketing and/or Product Management for online services (SaaS). You are technology savvy and understand the typical workflow of development teams operating Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment pipelines online. Ideally, you have some background in using/promoting online ALMs like GitHub, Bitbucket or Azure DevOps.
You are able to thrive through cross-functional teamwork and cross-team interactions. You have Project Management experience, can choose your battles and track marketing projects through successful execution. You are also ready to embark on new adventures as you grow, helping SonarSource position its overall product ecosystem.
You are open-minded, enthusiastic and able to challenge the status quo when things should evolve. You are fluent in English, both written and spoken. And last but not least: you’re always eager to learn and try new things!
What will make you shine as a PMM at SonarSource
- Honesty and transparency
- Driven by accomplishment and not ‘career’ advancement
- Team player that values the opinion of others
- Seeks answers, but doesn’t assume to know them
- Grounded in pragmatism
- Always learning new concepts and trying new techniques
- Values the destination AND enjoys the journey
- Believes typical ‘feature-based’ marketing lacks effectiveness and imagination
- Embraces open-source philosophy and its contribution to the community
Why you will love it here
- Safe work culture
- We value respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
- Flexible hours
- We schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
- Great people
- We value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back. Still, that does not prevent us to be passionate and leaders in our domains. Our 100+ SonarSourcers from 20 different nationalities can relate!
- Work-life balance
- Keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. Which is why some people prefer working part-time, and some days work from home.
- Always keep learning
- In an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we're happy to help our team to acquire them.
What we do
SonarSource was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 120,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At SonarSource we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.
Now that you read till the end I can tell you that we are a remote-friendly company if needed 😉
If you got any question before applying, feel free to reach-out to me directly on the PMA slack channel (@Yann Philippe) or to my mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Talk soon !