Senior Product Marketing Manager
HandshakeSan Francisco, CA8M ago
Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at more than 900 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 425,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local mom and pop shops, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Sr. Product Marketing Manager to be our first PMM, collaborating closely with our product team to help millions of students get the most out of Handshake. You’ll work across every stage of the product lifecycle, including generating deep user insights to guide the product roadmap and understanding of our students. You will lead go to market for new features and drive ongoing adoption of key functionality. You’ll drive the product narrative and create content and channel plans to maximize our product potential to broaden and deepen relationships with our 17 million student and early-career users, who come to Handshake to find jobs and build their careers.
- Drive student insights and persona understanding to identify student needs and messages
- Lead competitive insights to understand and drive Handshake’s competitive position
- Partner with product dev teams to develop the product roadmap via user insights
- Develop product positioning, value props, and key messages to user in product and marketing
- Create and manager go to market for key product releases
- Develop comprehensive marketing plans and work with creative and channel partners to launch
- Create content that drives student understanding and action to drive product usage
- Build strong relationships with PM and other team to drive an outstanding product experience
- 6+ years of work experience, with 3+ in direct to consumer product marketing
- Delivered multiple successful product launches to ensure adoption and engagement
- Played a pivotal role in the development of new product lines or features
- Developed messaging and content and deployed these through multiple channels
- Experience extracting, analyzing, summarizing and communicating data
- Have worked in a fast paced, changing environment and willing to take initiative
- Comfortable presenting ideas and information to senior leadership internally and externally
Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.