Purpose of the position
Reporting to the Manager, Product Marketing you are responsible for end-to-end product marketing strategy and execution. You will develop, execute and manage product launches, messaging and global product campaign strategies to generate awareness and demand for our products.
Actively collaborating with other teams, you will create and champion go-to-market strategies, provide launch & UCE orchestration leadership, develop messaging architecture, set the global product campaign strategy and build key product content and activations.
You may lead and execute customer-focused and data-driven digital marketing campaigns potentially consisting of paid media, influencer, account-based marketing and other activities. You are also responsible for ensuring cross-pollination between your campaigns and brand-level activities, channel marketing campaigns, and regional demand generation goals and activities.
In this dynamic role, you will work cross-functionally throughout SMART, including with product and regional marketing teams around the world to launch products, tell the SMART story and lead campaigns that directly influence the opportunity pipeline.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute worldclass product launches. This includes launch strategy, stakeholder alignment and timely internal and external communication.
- Create and implement integrated marketing plans to support product go-to-market.
- Partner with product management and Product Marketing Managers to execute against go-to-market roadmap in conjunction with product commercialization and lifecycle.
- Together with Product Marketing Managers, define product lifecycle goals and strategies, supporting materials, and ensure cross-organizational readiness.
- Develop and communicate product messaging that speaks to the heart of customer needs and priorities and the value SMART provides. This includes messaging architecture, stakeholder consultation and alignment and integration into key assets.
- Lead, execute, monitor and optimize product campaigns to drive engagement and demand, and deliver marketing qualified leads against global targets.
- Engage with regional sales and demand generation managers to ensure global/national campaigns meet local demand generation needs.
- Create marketing material that effectively supports the commercial goals of the product portfolio.
- Energize stakeholders, channel partners, agencies and customers by acting as a product evangelist and resident product expert, able to show and tell the value of our products.
- Drive the product strategy, targets and messaging at events.
- Collaborate with content and brand teams to create product-related content according to target audiences, campaign journeys, buyer journey stages, and content themes.
- Act as a mentor for Product Marketing Managers, providing leadership, guidance and direction.
- Perform quarterly reviews of bid packet content, ensuring ensure content is accurate and relevant.
- Develop assets, such as product webpages, brochures, videos, automated campaign workflows, landing pages, emails and forms that adhere to SMART brand guidelines.
- Report against key project metrics to determine effectiveness of initiatives.
- Managing and maintaining budgets. Recommend course corrections, ensure effective campaign interlock, and balance spending based on market dynamics and effectiveness.
- Learning customer needs, priorities and behaviors and communicating them to the organization to help drive product, marketing and sales strategies.
- Performing other duties as required
- Extensive knowledge of B2B, digital SaaS and/or hardware marketing best practices and trends.
- Exceptional presentation and writing skills. Ability to influence and maintain exceptional communication skills, including presenting to internal and external groups.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail. An ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Creative, critical thinking and willingness to approach problems in unconventional ways.
- Experience working in fast-paced environment to agilely adjust to and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work collaboratively with other teams to ensure proper alignment.
- Business acumen and customer orientation.
- Strong sense of market awareness; able to harmonize messages across channels and localize marketing activities to reach target audiences in various markets.
- Ability to quickly learn SMART products and adapt to new technologies.
- Bias towards action, positive attitude, flexible and adaptable.
- Analytical abilities to develop and interpret results against a KPI framework.
- Familiarity with toolsets such as Hubspot, Salesforce, AdWords, Google Analytics, ClickUp and their capabilities.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite: PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Experience in digital or social strategies.
- Experience in working with external best practice marketing organizations.
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured environment.
Education and work experience
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing, Communications or equivalent job experience.
- 7 years’ experience in a marketing or campaign role.
- Education industry experience an asset.
- Experience launching tech products and communicating benefits an asset.
- AMA, IAB, PMM, PMMC, Pragmatic, Google Ads or Hubspot certifications an asset.
- This position does not have any direct reports
- This position may require 25% domestic or international travel. A valid passport is required.
- The work environment is fast-paced, continually changing and challenging.
- Internally the title is "Senior Product Marketing Strategist"