Senior Product Marketing Manager
SentrySan Francisco, Remotea month ago
In this role you will:
- Drive revenue by understanding why. As the owner of the core product’s success, you’re able to influence product strategy with market and sales insights to drive the business forward.
- Be the voice of the customer. Understand their needs, pains, and dreams. And drive home how we differentiate from the competition to ensure their success with Sentry.
- Get the word out. Plan and coordinate product launches across multiple channels with the primary goal of growing awareness and engagement. Bonus points for being able to do it without hashtags, emojis, or exclamation points.
- Craft concise, benefits-driven messaging. Develop elegant value propositions for both developer and enterprise customers that don’t sound like everyone else. Being technically accurate, thinking through your audiences, and being consistent are key.
- Become BFFs with developers. Ride shotgun with Sales Engineers to create educational content that gets developers to stash work in progress and type git checkout -b install-sentry
- Write the rest of the story. Consider a launch Chapter 1. Continue the narrative and creating new interest in Sentry by building and executing on value-based campaigns.
- Creatively drive the funnel. Thoughtfully identify ways to keep demand metrics growing -- from awareness to expansion (if we’re going to talk funnel, we’re going to talk full funnel) for the core product. Not just for the new stuff.
- Dust off your crystal ball and keep a third eye on trends in developer tools and software development. Use this research and findings to help product and engineering decide on where to invest in next.
- Play well cross-functionally. Get cozy with PMs, EMs, Biz Ops, and GTM teams to improve product flows, revenue metrics, customer impact, and internal processes
- 6-8 years B2B marketing experience, with 4-6 years of that specifically in product marketing and a proven track record of success with technical content strategy and creation. Developer relations or community experience is a plus
- Experience working closely with a software development process and/or familiarity for developer teams. Bonus points for being a developer in a past life.
- Ability to prioritize competing opportunities and balance customer needs versus business priorities
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- A pinch of snark, sass, and humor. 2 cups of flexibility. A heaping serving of ambition wrapped in fondant of humility
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.