Senior Product Marketing Manager - Cloud
CohesitySan Jose7M ago
Senior Product Marketing Manager - Cloud
at Cohesity (View all jobs)
San Jose, California, United States
Cohesity is redefining data management from the ground up to solve a critical challenge facing businesses today: mass data fragmentation. Most enterprise data — backups, archives, file shares, object stores, and data used for test/dev and analytics — sits in fragmented infrastructure silos that make it hard to protect, expensive to manage, and difficult to analyze. Cohesity consolidates silos onto one web-scale platform, spanning on-premises, cloud, and the edge, and uniquely empowers organizations to run apps on that platform — making it easier than ever to back up and extract insights from data. We’re a values-led company looking for great people who love challenges, are collaborative and curious, unafraid to try, and passionate about customer success.
Cohesity is looking for a talented Senior Product Marketing Manager based in our San Jose headquarters. This person must be a strategic, creative, and analytical marketer with a passion for technology to make an impact and change the world. Key to success for this position is the ability to properly balance big picture vision, with a keen eye on customer need, and build strong internal and external relationships. You should be a can-do individual with a solid solution or product marketing experience in enterprise B-to-B software at start-ups (preferred) and/or established companies and who can inspire the sales team, partners, and external influencers. This position reports to the Director of Cloud Product Marketing who is based in San Jose, CA.
- Market Position – develop solution positioning and messaging that is clear, defensible and differentiates our cloud offerings in the market
- Market Intelligence – be the expert on the buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on our cloud ecosystem and how to navigate and position around coopetition relationships
- Solution Launch – plan the launch of new solutions and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Demand Generation – develop the buyer’s journey, define the offer, and determine the GTM strategy
- Sales Enablement – communicate the value proposition of the solutions to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process
Detailed Responsibilities Include:
- Develop the buyer’s journey, define the offer and determine GTM strategies, plans and programs
- Drive key product launches within the relevant customer segment and industries
- Leverage key customer insights and data to develop accurate, relevant and impactful messaging, and work with internal and partner teams to ensure its implementation across all channels
- Create customer personas/profiles, and identify and promote key use cases, that will help inform all messaging and marketing activities
- Create GTM collateral, sales material and contribute to competitive intelligence information to drive demand and enable the sales team; partner closely with internal and partner cross-functional teams to deliver launch and campaign assets
- Build relevant sales plays, and support the enablement team in global sales training efforts
- Collaborate with alliances to define and execute ecosystem partner GTM plans, collateral, and joint marketing programs
- Work with customer reference team to identify the best customer stories that exemplifies our value prop to help speed the sales cycle
- Be a subject matter expert and evangelist for the solution through social media amplification, analyst and public relations programs and at corporate and third-party events.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or other graduate degree a plus.
- 7 - 10 years of experience in solution or product marketing in business-to-business markets. Prior experience in cloud software (SaaS/PaaS/IaaS), virtualization, data center, storage, and/or data management is highly desired.
- Prior experience with hyperscaler (AWS, Azure, GCP) based route-to-market motions is a significant plus.
- Proactive style with discipline for setting priorities, driving decisions, and getting closure on recommendations and issues.
- Excellent and creative written and oral communication and story-telling skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with attention to details in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated success in building internal and external relationships.