Senior Product Marketing Manager, Analytics Platform
SASRaleigh, NC17 days ago
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re creating customer experiences, exploring new solutions or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do:
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do:
As our newest Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will leverage your extensive data and analytics domain expertise and networks to drive strategy and messaging in SAS’s target markets, particularly focusing on our strategic partnership with Microsoft. You will act as a primary/front-line “go to” spokesperson with external audiences, as well as create and deliver credible and unique viewpoints to differentiate SAS in the market. A strong cross-functional partnership with internal stakeholders including sales, go-to-market and product management and external stakeholders at Microsoft will be critical to enable channel and product readiness.
- Positioning and Messaging – Drive, create and communicate messaging for analytics and cloud technologies and SAS and Microsoft partnership based on relevant buyer and user personas
- Market intelligence – Be an expert on your target audience, understand their challenges and goals; be an expert on your competition and how to outcompete them.
- Marketing Planning – Define joint SAS and Microsoft marketing strategy by working directly with Microsoft and collect market driven inputs from analysts, customers, and prospects
- Content Creation – Formulate content strategy based on gaps in the buying cycle and customer needs to develop necessary content (SAS or 3rd party; eBooks, white papers, success stories, interactive assets); collaborate with the global or regional GTM team for content activation
- Sales enablement– Enable sellers and partners to effectively communicate the value of SAS to customers and develop sales tools that can be used to increase sales productivity
- Evangelist– Craft and deliver compelling presentations and stories for in-person or digital events and webinars; represent SAS at events, partner and customer engagements
- Influencer – Develop and maintain relationships with analysts, thought leaders, and press to support awareness activities and serves as spokesperson and/or provides content for interactions with media and analyst communities.
- Thought leadership – Be a thought leader for analytics and cloud topics. Drive thought leadership activities including articles, blogs, videos, speaking engagements, etc.
- Product Launches – Drive, lead and execute on product launches to generate interest, raise awareness and secure customers
- Measurement– Help set, track, and drive key product marketing metrics related to Microsoft partnership and analytics and cloud technologies
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in Product Marketing, Marketing, Product Management, Technology Sales, or related function in the technology industry.
- Articulate, comfortable and knowledgeable about the concepts, possibilities and value from Data, Analytics and Cloud technologies
- Experience with one or more products within SAS or competitor or another enterprise software provider.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
Other knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills across channelsto a diverse audience.
- Ability to articulate/translate product and service capabilities into customer issue context.
- Organizational skills for managing commitments, schedules, and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Skilled in effective communication, influencing and negotiation.
- Strong writing skills including the ability to translate technical information into simple, audience-appropriate language.
- Ability to travel.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.