I’m Pete – Head of Marketing here at Pinpoint.
We’re a high-growth, bootstrapped, HR-tech start-up building and selling software that helps in-house recruitment teams attract, hire, and onboard the best talent.
Over 90% of our new business is sourced by Marketing. In 2022 we’re going to (1) grow revenue by more than 100% and (2) set the foundations for significant future growth by building a brand that our audience knows, likes, and trusts.
So I'm growing our team 📈
We’re in a super competitive industry so a deep understanding of the market, our customers, and our competitors that leads to a clear, compelling message and positioning is key to us hitting our goals.
That’s why I’m looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to join our fully remote Marketing team. You could be based in Canada, US, UK, or Europe.
We’re a small team, there’s a lot to do, and we need someone who can join us and start making a significant impact fast.
Working as part of a small marketing team (currently 2 + you), you'll:
- Define, measure, and report on Product Marketing goals and KPIs
- Be the go-to expert for team members that need to understand customer pain points, the competitive landscape, and the product-market fit of our different product features
- Work with Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Customer Success, and other stakeholders to develop unique and differentiated positioning and messaging, sales enablement materials, and acquisition strategies to drive new business and adoption
- Own product launches including co-ordination across Sales, Product, and Customer Success
- Own the “product” parts of the marketing site
- Work with the broader Marketing team, Sales, and Customer Success on marketing campaigns to drive pipeline, adoption, retention, and expansion
- Work closely with Product and Engineering to influence the product roadmap, add new features, and prioritise new integrations based on customer feedback and market demand
- Use your deep market knowledge to contribute to pricing and packaging strategy
If this is the right role for you:
- You’re not expecting a “how to do your job” playbook waiting for you. You know how to get stuff done, make good decisions, and learn fast
- You know how you’ll get up to speed with our product and market quickly
- You want to work in a small team where there are no specialists and it’s on you to deliver what needs to be done
- You enjoy working collaboratively across departments
- You write like you talk
- You can execute as well as plan—that could mean writing copy, trawling review sites to better understand our competitors, running an ad on LinkedIn, spinning up a page in WordPress, getting a 1-pager together in Sketch, or recording a “how to” video for our customers
- You’re comfortable challenging the status quo and making a business case with qualitative and quantitive data
- You’re a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of groups of customers, partners, and prospects
What success looks like
- You know the product inside out and can give a demo as well as anyone on our sales team
- You’ve conducted research and feel confident articulating customer pain points and product benefits to develop value propositions
- You have a deep understanding of our top 10 competitors and you've created content and positioning to help us differentiate Pinpoint against them
- You’ve taken ownership of product launches and taken control of the “product” parts of the marketing site
- You’ve developed a prioritised roadmap for Product Marketing for the next 9 months
- You’ve written multiple pieces of content and managed several projects that have had a material impact on the business
- You’ve helped our Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams to meet our revenue goals through optimisations at every stage of the funnel
- You’ve launched your first campaign
- You’re seen as a reliable and trusted source of information about our product, competitive landscape, and market across all of our teams
We’ll expect a lot from you, but in return…
If the time comes that you want to move onto a new role in the future, you’ll have loads of experience and a compelling story of how you made a huge impact, in a high-growth business, in a competitive market.
- Grow your career, fast
- Be part of a business where everyone understands the value of marketing
- Work with people who care about quality and speed in equal measure
- Make a meaningful, measurable contribution to the revenue number
- Get the support you need to do a great job (MacBook Pro, the software you need, personal development budget, regular 1:1s, etc).
- Get access to senior managers across the business, whenever you want
- Visit our office in Jersey regularly (if you’re working remote)
- Have unlimited holidays
- Be able to work where and when you want (as long as you’re getting the job done)
- Get top of the line healthcare for you and your family (in the UK)
- Get a meaningful equity allocation