Senior Product Marketing Manager
ZuoraRemote (USA)9 days ago
OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.
Zuora’s vision is The World Subscribed. Our mission is to empower the best companies in the world to win.
There is a massive shift in the global economy. Up to 77% of people worldwide want to own fewer things and subscribe to more services. It’s the end of ownership and the rise of usership. Usership has not only created a better world, it has transformed whole industries from technology, to manufacturing, media & entertainment, banking, and even government.
Zuora has paved the path to success for over 1,000 of the best companies in the Subscription Economy™. We coined the term Subscription Economy™, wrote the best-selling book on it, and defined what the greatest sales deck ever should look like.
We’ve set the foundation with our vision and mission but our growing portfolio of cutting-edge innovations is in need of a world-class product marketer to lead one of our flagship products. Your mission is to create a whole new category of technology that clearly aligns our differentiated solution with customer value.
Zuora has a renowned marketing culture, and if you so choose to accept the challenge, you will redefine the world of B2B enterprise SaaS product marketing.
Zuora’s Product Marketing team works diligently to connect the dots between internal and external teams to inform the strategic direction and positioning of our product offerings. Through storytelling, messaging, positioning, thought leadership, competitive intelligence, analyst relations, pricing and packaging, we help Zuora grow by increasing win rates, net dollar retention and revenue expansion. Like many others at Zuora, our team is a team of teams partnering closely with our engineering, design, sales and marketing organizations (to name a few) in a collaborative effort to make shift happen.
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE
Put Zuora on the map
- Be the thought leader for the category
- Identify and engage key industry influencers
- Build awareness through Industry Analysts, Partners, Press and Media
Determine product-market fit
- Deeply understand the differentiated product capabilities
- Define the Ideal Customer Profile
- Size the Total Addressable Market
Articulate compelling messages
- Empathize with the customer’s business objectives and pain points
- Declare an enemy and take a position
- Write narratives that lay out alternatives that lead to our position
Drive campaign strategy
- Determine short and long-term campaign themes
- Ideate integrated global campaign and field marketing tactics
- Empower Business Development Representatives to pitch fluently
Enable the field to win
- Arm Account Executives with a consistent story to pitch at scale
- Develop internal sales tools to help the field differentiate and prove customer value
- Plug into sales conversations with prospects as the Subject Matter Expert
Create captivating content
- Strategically build a Bill of Materials that amplifies the message
- Craft content of all mediums (deck, written, video) with polish
- Corral feedback from sales, customers, and prospects to optimize content
- Emphasizes excellence: Sets challenging goals, has high standards of excellence, and refuses to accept mediocre performance
- Strategic focus: Thinks strategically, creates an ongoing, dynamic strategic planning process, and communicates long term direction
- Agent of change: Challenges the status quo, supports fresh perspectives, and enlists support for change initiatives
- Creates buy-in: Builds commitment for initiatives through credibility, persuasive communication, stakeholder involvement and aligning expectations
- Customer Focus: Ensures that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities
- Takes initiative: Identifies problems, opportunities, and assumes a leadership role by taking action without being asked
- Openness to input: Solicits open feedback and diverse approaches
- Dependable: Can be counted on to meet deadlines and sees projects through completion
- 3-8 years of practical experience in product marketing, product management, or management consulting for a B2B enterprise SaaS company
- Domain expertise in revenue recognition or an understanding of finance buyers is a plus
- Proven track record of being a top-performing product marketer
- Demonstrated ability to lead through cross-functional influence in a global organization
- Passion for crafting compelling messaging across all mediums
- Strong speaking and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics or Accounting preferred
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR “ZEO” CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, and Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered and supported to be the ‘ZEO’ of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion and belonging into our processes, policies and culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, and APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health and give back to our communities along with “career cash” and plenty of learning and development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.