Senior Product Marketing Manager
Convey, Inc.Remotea month ago
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you are responsible for market adoption of your products - which you influence through collaboration and empowerment of a wide variety of partners from product to content and demand gen to sales and customer success.
This role is not about doing demos or presenting product features - this role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive sales and marketing results. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches.
You know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. This isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful. You also know our market and competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future.
You will work with our marketing team to develop innovative programs. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are driven by performance, and know how to consume and analyze data from across the organization to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers and sales channels; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria. Define segments within our buyer space to inform packaging and GTM strategy.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Partner with product management, sales, marketing, and go-to-market partners to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Understand and support our sales and reseller channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Develop a marketing plan for your products in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to drive the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- In partnership with the rest of marketing, assess the effectiveness of programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- In partnership with product teams, plan the launches of net-new products, strategic partnerships and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as the primary thought leader for your products externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Strong analytical skills - using a combination of quantitative and qualitative research insights to develop segmentation messaging and positioning that yield smart GTM strategies.
- Ability to manage through influence - using data to define a plan and generate buy in from colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, LucidChart, etc.
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce.
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Pardot and Omniture, and Google Analytics.
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing.
- Nice to Have: Pragmatic Institute Certified (PMC) III or higher preferred.
- Must be located in the US or Canada