Timescale is looking for an exceptional Sr. Director of Product Marketing with a track record of scaling GTM for SaaS developer products.
Developers today are building applications that collect far more data than before to enable new, innovative product experiences. Timescale is well positioned to serve this rapidly growing segment of applications that ingest and query massive amounts of data fast and efficiently. We are continually innovating to capture the larger cloud database market, by building features and tools to enable developers to build more powerful applications with less time and money.
In this role, your goal is to drive growth by delivering the right product, to the right audience, using the right message. You will be responsible for defining Timescale’s target persona and segmentation, creating compelling content and GTM programs that drive the adoption of Timescale for workloads from time series, events to analytics and beyond.
Timescale is a fully-remote company with team members worldwide, and English language fluency is required.
- Research and Develop – synthesize market trends, customer requirements, and competitive offerings to identify key points of differentiation for Timescale, along with gaps in current offerings. You will infuse this analysis into product messaging and positioning.
- GTM Enablement - arming our Developer Marketing, Sales and Customer Success teams with content to help support the entire buyer journey, as well as actionable competitive insights and content that will help them win against competitors.
- GTM Planning - collaborate with our Developer Marketing, Dev Advocacy, and Sales teams to create the strategic and tactical GTM plan that communicates the value of Timescale to multiple audiences - from software engineers, to technical and business decision makers.
- Thought Leadership - create compelling thought leadership themes, and represent Timescale at industry conferences, press and analyst community.
- Measure and iterate - evaluate the ROI of product marketing activities and develop plans for continuous improvement.
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience in developer SaaS product marketing, with experience leading a product marketing team.
- A solid knowledge of the database industry and the rapidly evolving market landscape in the cloud is preferred.
- You need to blend strong business and technical skills, with solid understanding of relevant developer tools and frameworks.
- You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to lead with a point of view and with stories that our audiences can relate to, producing stellar writing under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in positioning industry-leading products and solutions, with the creative and analytical horsepower to do so.
- BA/BS degree preferred, but relevant experience will be equally considered.