HoneyBook is the leading business and financial management platform for independent small businesses. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide top-tier service at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by independent businesses across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $5B in business on our platform. Every day at HoneyBook we are on a mission to empower the independent economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
As a Product Marketing Manager you’ll develop strategies and go-to-market plans that drive acquisition and activation of HoneyBook among priority industry verticals. You’ll lead the development of the customer journey for our verticals, partnering with product, product education, customer success, and marketing teams on the coordination of cross-functional, go-to-market initiatives.
To be successful, you need to be adept at collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders, managing indirect resources, effectively communicating strategies and plans to the broader organization. You’ll also need to strategically evaluate and match the needs of our users with the value of our product, have a clear understanding of the competitive landscape, and develop compelling positioning and messaging.
Here are a few of the things you’ll work on:
- Develop a deep understanding and customer insights of key industry verticals
- Partner with our internal research team and/or agencies to conduct primary research to understand vertical needs, pain points and barriers to conversion
- Analyze customer funnel conversion and usage data to develop insights
- Create vertical buyer personas based on insights that help inform go-to-market strategies and tactics
- Develop GTM strategies and campaigns for key industry verticals
- Develop strategy, plans and goals for vertical acquisition and activation
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop product positioning and messaging, value propositions, market opportunity analysis, and customer proof points
- Lead cross-functional teams to execute and assess marketing programs that support our key verticals
- Develop testing and learning plans to continuously optimize vertical customer journeys
- Conduct an ongoing assessment and reporting of go-to-market strategy; making recommendations for course corrections as needed
- Work with teams to create vertical specific content that drives awareness, consideration and conversion
Here is what is needed:
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team!
- 5+ years’ career experience with at least 3 years spent in a product marketing role
- Prior experience driving acquisition of either SMB or consumer products, ideally using vertical strategies
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing channels with a proven track record of successfully planning and executing cross functional, high-impact, multi-channel campaigns that drive results
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills, with a demonstrated ability to work successfully across multiple cross functional teams; most importantly product
- Prior experience directing and managing cross functional teams toward common goals
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Fluency in data, and prior experience leveraging data to inform recommendations and decisions
The good stuff:
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to open paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Provisions: We give you the tools you need to get your job done and we provide a fully stocked kitchen and bar, happy hours, catered meals, and awesome company events.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are creative businesses that generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in seven years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $498M and is backed by investors such as Durable Capital Partners LP, Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Zeev Ventures, 01 Advisors, Norwest Venture Partners, OurCrowd, and Citi Ventures.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.