Wolters Kluwer’s ELM (Enterprise Legal Management) Solutions provides a comprehensive suite of software tools that address the growing needs of corporate legal operations departments to increase operational efficiency and reduce costs. Corporate legal and insurance claims departments trust our innovative technology and end-to-end customer experience to drive world-class business outcomes.
ELM Solutions is looking to add a Product Marketing Manager (PMM). The PMM works with product management, sales and account management, marketing communications, and others within the organization to ensure the effective implementation of ELM Solutions product and business go-to-market strategy. This position will support the business as a direct resource for strategic planning, industry and product-based research, messaging and positioning, go-to-market planning and execution, sales tools and enablement, and promotional communications. The PMM provides in-depth understanding of the market, customers, and competition to create compelling and differentiated messaging, collateral, and innovative marketing programs, succinctly communicating core ELM Solutions messaging to customers and driving demand for ELM Solutions product and services.
The PMM will need to collaborate with the broader marketing team on customer references, partner marketing, public relations, analyst relations, and online marketing, and will also be an expert in enterprise legal management buyers and their buying process. The ability to quickly grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits, excellent writing, communication, and project management skills, an eye for quality, and attention to detail are all crucial. **This position offers a remote work from home option.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Product Go-To-Market Planning and Management: Plan, develop, execute, and sustain all elements of go-to-market initiatives with a focus on our contract lifecycle management (CLM) solutions, including worldwide product launches, strategy, market research, target market analysis, outbound messaging and value propositions, differentiation, sales training and tools, and demand generation and thought leadership communications activity. Lead tactical planning and execution of go-to-market launches between cross-functional groups, define all aspects of product positioning and rollout, and establish sales and channel processes and communication strategies.
- Market Analysis and Messaging Development: Define distinctive differentiators for products based on target buyer analysis. Develop the key messages and positioning to support the brand, describe the benefits of the solutions, and convey the image of the company throughout all marketing elements. Deliver a compelling vision which incorporates key input from customers, sales, product management, marketing communications, and others to influence product and solution marketing strategy and the analyst and press community. Analyze industry, customers, and competitive trends to identify threats and opportunities.
- Marketing Content Development and Maintenance: Develop and maintain an integrated library of product and solution content to support the buyer’s journey and ensure alignment with key stakeholder groups including sales, demand generation, corporate communications, product management, business development, and management.
- Sales Enablement: Collaborate cross functionally to ensure sales (direct and indirect) readiness for new hire training, product launches, and ongoing enablement that helps drive market adoption and sales success. Work closely with the sales organization to understand the selling process and develop effective sales tools.
- Demand Generation: Collaborate cross functionally to support field and digital marketing programs/campaigns to meet lead generation and opportunity targets. Define and compose marketing content for external use to support product and solution initiatives, including website content, hardcopy and electronic collateral, news flashes, white papers, and other documents. Interact with customers during seminars, tradeshows, and in customer visits. Create and deliver internal and external product-related presentations
- Work with graphic design professionals to develop creative and informational graphics.
- Proactively pursue professional development activities (e.g., attending seminars, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks).
- Manage time and company resources appropriately
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Product Marketing
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Journalism, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- 5-7 years previous software product marketing experience highly preferred.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and proven writing excellence.
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment and work effectively with remote team members required.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, including but not limited Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint required.
- Demonstrated experience leading and influencing cross-functional groups to accomplish corporate and project objectives required.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills; must be able to handle multiple projects with changing priorities simultaneously required.
- Agility and speed in executing strong writing and ability to translate complicated ideas into language easily understood by others required.
- Ability to work well under pressure and demanding time constraints required.
- Familiarity with enterprise corporate law departments and AmLaw 200 firms preferred; legal and/or compliance or contract management technology industry experience a strong plus.
- Pragmatic Marketing Certification is a plus.
- Domestic and international travel up to 10-15% of work time (e.g., industry events, trade shows, and customer sites).
- Ability to travel independently
- Normal office environment.