Product Marketing Manager
PayByPhoneVancouver, BC, Canada10M ago
We are hiring for a Product Marketing Manager!
About the role:
PayByPhone’s Product Marketing journey is just beginning. Join us and help shape this newly formed team!
Translating complex product documentation into brilliant stories and brands that sell will be at the heart of everything you do. You will evangelize our products internally, and with our customers. This includes building insightful communications, product training, and public facing promotional messaging.
Spending time in our markets, and working with our Research team, you’ll deliver actionable insights on our consumers, cities, automotive partners, and competitors. This intelligence will inform the go-to-market strategies as well as leading to the development of future products and features.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Become an expert in PayByPhone’s products, customers, and markets.
- Develop the go-to-market strategy for specific PayByPhone products and services on a global and regional level.
- Independently launch and evangelize products, developing effective product marketing strategies that lead to the ongoing success of our products.
- Understand PayByPhone’s customers and clients: ask the right questions to drive research insights that support PayByPhone’s business goals. Work closely with research and data teams to drive and distill dependable insights.
- Obsess over market and trend analysis to build actionable customer and client buyer personas.
- Develop exceptional internal relationships, especially with the product, commercial, and marketing organizations to ensure maximum impact on product launch and continued product success in the markets.
- Create the “story”, naming and positioning for PayByPhone’s products and services to ensure maximum commercial success.
- Lead the global launch communication plans for PayByPhone’s products and work with local teams to put them into action.
- Proactively seek out product opportunities in PayByPhone’s markets and work with the regional CEOs and their teams to communicate these back to the Product Team.
- Actively seek a deep understanding of the business by forming strong partnerships with the commercial and finance teams as well as working closely with the senior leadership team.
- Contribute to a successful team of regionally based (NA and EU) Product Marketing Managers to maximize the market potential of every product.
- Work with the Product Leadership team to create engaging and relevant internal and external training opportunities across the Product Team.
- Embrace a continuous personal development mentality, always seeking to learn and improve in line with current role and future development path.
- Support a strong product culture, evangelizing product marketing practices throughout the organization.
- Champion a mentoring approach to development throughout the organization.
You’ll excel in this role if you are:
- An exceptional communicator with a talent for simplifying the complex.
- A collaborator and influencer with experience working with diverse stakeholders.
- A business strategist who’s as comfortable pouring over spreadsheets as developing market winning creative.
- 4+ years in product marketing, ideally in a SaaS environment.
- 5+ years working in the technology sector.
- Qualifications in Marketing, Business, or Finance desired.
- Demonstrated strong creative flair tied with strong industry awareness to create product positioning that cuts through a commoditized industry.
- Exposure to technology products and services that serve multiple geographies and customer groups.
- Experience combining existing and new products to create compelling product suites and services.
- Background in creating and delivering engaging content.
- Experience of performing well in a large, rapidly expanding organization.
- Excellent communication skills; writing, speaking, presentation.
- A good understanding of business and finance which enables you to contribute meaningfully to the commercial success of your products.
- Good attitude to personal development, including mentoring, training, professional development.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills are essential for the role.
Success in this role looks like:
- Delivery of go-to-market documentation for every new product launch.
- Product positioning summaries for every product.
- Launch plans for every new product launch.
- Micro-sites/promotional support for every new product and build out of existing products.
- Building an exemplary level of trust with market, wider product team and global customer base.
Here at PayByPhone, our strength is in our people: a talented team behind a fantastic product. We are a creative, ambitious and driven multi-disciplinary group. We value learning and fun as we innovate to help millions of consumers pay for parking easily and securely. Our teams are growing; but not without you.
Together, we’re on a mission to simplify the world of mobility payments – one parking spot at a time. We’re one of the fastest-growing mobile payment companies in the world and process over 100 million parking, transit, and bike-share transactions a year in cities across North America, Europe and Australia. Our teams help millions of consumers easily and securely pay for parking and transportation without the hassles of waiting in line, carrying change, or risking costly fines.
Now, with a recent acquisition by Volkswagen Financial Services, our growth has a global focus and we can’t do it alone. We need the right people working with us to help reach our lofty goals and we want it to be you.