Product Marketing Manager, Embedded Platform
Workato is the only integration and automation platform that is as simple as it is powerful — and because it’s built to power the largest enterprises, it is quite powerful.
Simultaneously, it’s a low-code/no-code platform. This empowers any user (dev/non-dev) to painlessly automate workflows across any apps and databases.
We’re proud to be named a leader by both Forrester and Gartner and trusted by 7,000+ of the world's top brands such as Box, Grab, Slack, and more. But what is most exciting is that this is only the beginning.
Why join us?
Ultimately, Workato believes in fostering a flexible, trust-oriented culture that empowers everyone to take full ownership of their roles. We are driven by innovation and looking for team players who want to actively build our company.
But, we also believe in balancing productivity with self-care. That’s why we offer all of our employees a vibrant and dynamic work environment along with a multitude of benefits they can enjoy inside and outside of their work lives.
If this sounds right up your alley, please submit an application. We look forward to getting to know you!
Also, feel free to check out why:
- Business Insider named us an “enterprise startup to bet your career on”
- Forbes’ Cloud 100 recognized us as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world
- Deloitte Tech Fast 500 ranked us as the 17th fastest growing tech company in the Bay Area, and 96th in North America
- Quartz ranked us the #1 best company for remote workers
All full-time regular employees will be eligible for the following benefits:
- Workato Stock Options at one of Silicon Valley’s fastest growing startups
- Health benefits: Medical, dental, vision for yourself and covered dependents/domestic partners
- Pre-tax benefits: Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and short/long-term disability insurance
- Paid maternity/parental leave benefits for new parents
- Enhanced employee assistance program for mental wellness
We are looking for an exceptional Product Marketing Manager, Embedded Platforfm to join our growing team. In this role, you will be leveraging the core capabilities of Workato’s product, the Workato Embedded Platform helps product and engineering teams solve for the demand of integrations efficiently and at scale. A unique product offering and different buyer than our core product, this business unit has the feel of a startup within a startup.
We are seeking an experienced, self-starting, and creative product marketer to join as the second member of this fast-growing team to support our business unit’s customers and go-to-market teams to help accelerate meeting our revenue goals.
Seated within the Marketing Department, you will contribute strategically in building our GTM strategy and be integral in executing that vision through partnership with other marketing teams. Your partners include Content for asset production, Customer and Competitive Intelligence to establish key collateral for field teams, Demand Generation to ensure pipeline coverage, and Event for planning and execution.
You will partner with teams outside of Marketing too. Working with Product Management you will help build messaging that differentiates our product capabilities, with Sales Enablement to build comprehensive programs supporting our field teams, and with Sales Operations to identify key data and trends.
Lastly, customers are our first focus and their success aligns to ours. With your empathy and interest for customers, and your experience in operating confidently in a consultative manner with customers and collaborating for shared outcomes, you will act as the primary marketing contact for customers in support of their launch of Workato Embedded Platform to their market. You will also be responsible to:
- Contribute to delivery of core PMM strategy for the Embedded Platform Team by supporting campaigns, initiatives, content, events, and more.
- Act as the primary marketing contact at Workato for Embedded Platform customers by establishing their GTM plan and supporting their co-marketing objectives.
- Partner with Demand Generation to execute on the Embedded Platform Events Calendar including virtual and live webinars, conferences, customer events, and more.
- Contribute to key pipeline generating campaigns to support the business unit meeting hyper-growth sales targets.
- Partner with Sales Enablement on programming and certification to improve KPIs for field teams on messaging, competitive, product, and market trends.
- Build a pipeline of customer testimonials and develop up-to-date customer stories (such as videos, one-pagers, blog posts, internal and external presentations, etc.) with a view toward articulating value and supporting sales outcomes.
- Stay on top of news regarding the Integration and Automation tech markets and surrounding markets (such as Robotic Process Automation, ETL/ELT, API Management, and Business Process Automation).
- Build credibility and awareness for the Enterprise Automation category through customer stories on strategic customer accounts -- and the value Workato brings to the table.
Qualifications / Experience / Technical Skills
As the second member of the Embedded Platform PMM Team, you have developed strong skills in core product marketing capabilities and can operate self-sufficiently, but you are looking for a new role that is collaborative and where you can have meaningful impact. With your experience working with and your developed empathy for customers, you feel comfortable working with teams outside of our walls - not only acting as a resource but listening and synthesizing the patterns of those interactions to ensure we constantly improve how we communicate and support our customers. You are a self-starter, organized, highly collaborative, thrive in fast-paced environments, and enjoy taking on multiple high-priority projects.
- 3+ years of professional experience in product marketing, preferably in enterprise software, B2B SaaS or related fields
- Experience working with Demand Generation, Sales, Content, Events, Enablement, Product, and Customer Success teams
- Experience developing marketing campaigns with proven outcomes meeting pipeline goals
- Comfortable working with external teams with a demonstrated ability to successfully balance supporting individual and mutual objectives
- Proven ability to synthesize and communicate product differentiators and to translate that for various GTM teams
Soft Skills / Personal Characteristics
- Strong written and communication skills to develop content that resonates with prospective and current customers, partners, and internal stakeholders
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Results oriented with strong time management skills, highly organized, and driven to succeed
- Passion and ability to work well in a scrappy, fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, with many cross-functional teams