Product Marketing Manager
OwnBackupNew York18 days ago
Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent; companies of all sizes are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 app on the Salesforce AppExchange for data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding. With a rapidly growing list of nearly 3,000 customers, OwnBackup is ranked #25 on Financial Time’s list of America’s fastest growing companies, and has raised over $100 million in venture funding.
OwnBackup is on an amazing trajectory, and we are seeking an amazing Product Marketing Manager to support our continued growth. This truly is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a passionate, hands-on product marketer seeking to make an immediate impact. In tandem with our VP of Product Marketing and your product marketing and product management peers, you will serve a critical role in shaping our GTM strategy for our growing portfolio of solutions.
The perfect candidate is passionate about creating clear, concise messaging, then transforming it into tactics and assets that drive demonstrable results. You’ll help to research our market, understand our buyer personas, and define and deliver messaging that excites. No job is too big or too small--you welcome the chance to do whatever it takes to extend OwnBackup’s leadership position.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Work closely with product management leaders to distill key functionality and benefits.
- Create compelling messaging and positioning for all products.
- Empower a rapidly growing sales team to close more deals, faster.
- Understand target markets, and identify market insights to inform product strategies and go-to-market activities.
- Help launch new products and features to customers, taking products from pilot to general availability.
- Create high quality content such as webinars, videos, blogs and slide decks.
- Present with confidence at webinars and at industry events.
- Collaborate with campaign teams to support demand generation across all outlets.
- Contribute to pricing and packaging of products.
- Drive customer validation of our value proposition
Your Work Experience
- 5+ years experience in product marketing for a rapidly growing enterprise software company (Salesforce or other SaaS experience a major plus)
- Ability to clearly communicate technical product features and benefits of SaaS solutions
- Demonstrated success in product launches.
- Great listener with exceptional presentation and writing skills.
- Strong public speaking skills and ability to develop creative and compelling customer-facing presentations.
- Strong collaboration, analytical, critical thinking, and business strategy skills.
- Ability to engage with and earn the respect of peers.
- Creative thinker that can generate innovative marketing ideas and lead a cross-functional team of stakeholders to drive execution.
- Proven track record in performing well in a fast-paced environment and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Being a nice person is a definite plus!
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction with business.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
A Bit About Us
Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and Salesforce Ventures. The company has experienced 100% y/y growth, establishing early market dominance in a big addressable market. To put it in perspective OwnBackup has 2k customers and nearly all of Salesforce 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given the company’s vision to be the leading Cloud Data Protection Platform, there are also plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the company year.