Product Marketing Manager
New York, NY
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, large and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, and generate social engagements that develop interactions with their target audiences.
Seeking a Product Marketing Manager to join the Business Wire marketing team to lead and direct our pre- and post-sale Product Marketing initiatives in support of exciting new and updated products. This role is for a hands-on, natural communicator who can identify and develop key messaging strategies, as well as deliver them in various formats to both internal and external audiences. This individual will have a deep understanding of the target audience’s everyday challenges and can explain in a compelling manner how the Business Wire product helps solve customer problems. The result will be a direct impact on the success of our product launches and their customer traction and will position Business Wire’s products as innovative and unique in the marketplace.
What You Will Do
- Lead and direct all marketing for Business Wire product launches, including Go-To-Market and messaging strategies, and identify necessary positioning with ongoing updates as needed for new and existing products.
- Perform competitive intelligence to identify functional and messaging gaps, opportunities, and areas for improvement, while showcasing Business Wire and its products as innovative and technologically forward to create differentiation from competitors.
- Drive pricing and packaging discussions, focused on value proposition, in close collaboration with Product Managers and Sales leadership, along with Marketing team delegates.
- Instill Voice of the Customer into every Product Marketing initiative, and solicit and integrate customer / VOC feedback – including surveys, forums, and direct outreach - into our messaging and positioning.
- Work closely with the Business Wire marketing team to inform and support funnel & lead-generation strategies & tactical initiatives for our products, to drive inbound traffic and interest.
- Identify and lead a clear content development strategy in support of our products, including thought leadership and cross-channel communications across all digital marketing channels.
- Engage with Sales leaders and team members to provide ongoing product education to meet Sales product-focused needs. Sales support will also include online and offline sales tools, and product positioning/market fit assessments.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on ongoing product training program for all staff, including videos, live demos, webinars, multimedia, and documentation/collateral materials.
- Track success metrics related to product launches and adoption, reporting out on ROI of owned efforts regularly.
- Identify and facilitate internal and customer-facing product launch events, such as webinars, employee informational events, conferences and speaking opportunities.
- Represent Business Wire products at tradeshows, conferences, and industry events.
What You Will Need
- 5 years in Product Marketing, with strategic and tactical delivery experience with a bias toward action
- Motivated individual who takes ownership and accountability
- Proven track record in achieving product growth, differentiation, and customer adoption in the marketplace
- Deep experience collaborating across organization, with both internal and external resources, to be at the forefront of product development and help create momentum for progress and launches
- Strong familiarity and/or experience with SaaS and web/mobile applications
- Demonstrated data-driven approach to making decisions and tracking project KPIs
- Customer-obsessed approach to strategy and message development
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Competitive and ambitious drive to see our products succeed, gain traction and ensure strong adoption
- Inquisitive nature, eager to incorporate learnings into ongoing efforts
- Perceptive and insightful nature, able to determine trends early on, recommend strategies, and adapt tactics as necessary to gain advantage
- BA/BS/MS degree
- Business Wire will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
What We Offer
- The base salary range for this position is $110K to $150K/year. Offered salary will be determined by several factors, including but not limited to: applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with geographic market data. Business Wire reserves the right to modify this salary range at any time.
- Business Wire’s total rewards include:
- Ability to work remotely
- Excellent health benefits that begin on your first day of employment
- $100 monthly fitness allotment, a tuition reimbursement program, and enhanced mental health resources
- 401(k) plan with generous company match, and annual profit sharing contribution (subject to company performance)
- PTO, Floating Holidays, Wellness Day Off, Birthday Day Off, and more!
A pre-employment background check will be required after the acceptance of an offer. Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.