An industry leader for nearly 20 years, Heggerty is evolving and expanding our product suite to better meet the needs of the education market.
We are seeking a seasoned marketing professional to lead product go-to-market efforts, including developing product positioning and content, campaign strategy, and competitive analysis. This position will partner with Heggerty’s Director of Marketing, Content Marketing Specialist, Webmaster, and Marketing Specialist to strategize and implement a complete lifecycle marketing strategy for Heggerty’s products.
The Product Marketing Manager will also support our growing sales efforts and partner with sales and customer success representatives to develop account-based marketing strategies and campaigns.
Started in 2003 by a lifelong educator, Heggerty is a growing brand in elementary literacy education, serving thousands of districts across the United States, Canada, and Australia. Heggerty offers teacher-friendly phonemic awareness and foundational skills curricula, decodable books, and engaging professional development opportunities in person and online.
- Determine the type of advertising and marketing content, such as print, podcast, email, event, digital or social media, that needs to be created and distributed.
- Manage a calendar scheduling the creation of each piece of content and the planned release of each piece of content.
- Develop and implement go-to-market campaign briefs for designated Heggerty products—including product timelines, budgets, target audiences, positioning and differentiators, competitive landscape, communications plan, etc.
- Determine product positioning and development of product talking points.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external vendors whose products or services will be needed for the product, including freelance copywriters and graphic designers.
- Partner with sales and customer success representatives to strategize and implement account-based campaigns that build pipelines and grow customer value.
- Develop sales enablement resources, including competitive analyses and presentations.
- Report on campaign performance, providing actionable insights and recommendations.
- Oversee Content Marketing Specialist and support on content marketing and events activities
- Curiosity, empathy, and a passion for our mission and values
- 3-5 years of product marketing experience, preferably in the Education field
- Comprehensive knowledge of B2B and B2C omnichannel marketing tactics, including video, digital ads, email, print, and events
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Marketo or similar MAT, with an understanding of lead scoring and marketing automation
- Experience with Salesforce, or similar CRM, and Asana, or other project management tool, preferred but not required
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- Generous PTO and paid holidays (including summer Fridays and winter break!)
- Independence and autonomy
- Flexible work environment with the option to work in-person or remotely