Product Marketing Manager
Trapeze GroupToronto Area (other locations in USA and CAN)6M ago
What is cool about this job?
As a Product Marketing manager/specialist, you are a critical member of the product team. You are the glue that binds our product strategy with our sales and marketing execution. As a product evangelist, you play an integral role in bringing new products to market successfully. You are an expert in our customers: their pain points, goals and objectives, and how they make their buying decisions. You know our competitors better than anyone else in the company: their strengths and weaknesses, what they do today and what their needs will be in the future.
You thrive on obtaining, assessing and utilizing market evidence to back up strategic insights and then use that knowledge to drive the product positioning that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales organization to be successful. You will collaborate with our marketing department to develop clear and compelling value propositions that clearly articulate how we solve our customers’ problems. You are customer-obsessed and play a critical role to ensuring we solve the right problems for our customers, with the overall goal of driving bookings growth for your product.
- Market research - be the expert on our customers, who are they, and their urgent and pervasive pain points
- Understand the competitive landscape - be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned
- Work closely with Product Managers to identify needs and sharpen product offerings based on feedback from customers
- Collaborate with marketing to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with target customers
- Own go-to-market strategy, and collaborate with marketing on the execution of product launches for our products
- Understand and work with the marketing customer experience team to define the buyer’s journey as appropriate, including where they get information, factors driving the decisions they make, and provide key input to our sales and marketing organizations to drive required changes
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written collateral such as articles, blogs, etc.
- Understand and support other teams such as sales, customer success, and delivery; train them on the problems we solve for our customers, and give them the tools required to succeed
- Guide the prioritization, development and implementation of case studies and research to communicate the benefits of our solutions to our customers
- Work with other product marketers and product teams on branding architecture to ensure product roadmaps, product naming etc. are in line with guidelines now and in the future
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a B2B market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Must have experience with software products; product launch/go-to market and using data analytics tools for measuring performance
- Strong bias for data-driven decision-making and experience in distilling complex, analytically dense products into client-facing solutions
- Demonstrated experience and ability in driving product positioning development
- Exceptional ROI analysis skills, the ability to quantify the value to the customer
- Ability to complete both quantitative and qualitative market research
- Ability to create compelling sales collateral and marketing materials
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people skills, a collaborative team player that can interact with customers and co-workers at all levels
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Pardot and Omniture, and Google Analytics
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Computer Science or related discipline
- Up to 50% Travel throughout North America
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Project or Basecamp.
- Experience working with a fast-paced and geographically diverse media sales organization
- Entrepreneurial spirit / ability to try different things with minimal direction
- Experience working cross-functionally across Sales, Product Management, Marketing, PR, Legal, and Research
*After submitting the official application through the provided link, email firstname.lastname@example.org