Product Marketing Manager – Wappingers Falls, NY/Northeast US
Laerdal Medical is an international market leader in training and therapy products for emergency medicine and critical care. Our products and services are used by hospitals, ambulance services, first aid organizations, educational institutions and
others around the world. We are a dynamic and energetic organization consisting of people from a wide variety of cultures and backgrounds. By 2030, we have a goal of helping save 1.000.000 more lives. Every year.
We are searching for an experienced Hospital Segment Marketing Manager to growth in our Hospital and Healtcare market segment. This position would ideally be based within commuting distance to our Wappingers Falls, NY office but open to other northeast and east coast locations.
This position is responsible for defining the hospital segment GTM marketing strategy. This role requires significant understanding of the customer needs, critical issues and the ability to lead campaign development, messaging, and KPI measurement to drive awareness and create demand. The Role includes building a database of product users, KOL, reference sites, defining and executing ongoing customer contact strategies, and managing customer related events such as user conferences and user groups. The individual will develop segment value prop and messaging guidelines, translating research and healthcare segment needs into business insights, with in-depth understanding of customers, competitors, products, and industries. As well as develop sales enablement tools to generate, progress and close sales
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Develops Market Strategies
- Analyzes marketing research information to develop a multiyear brand strategy with targeted value proposition and positioning
- Builds and presents marketing tools and information to internal stakeholders
- Provides subject matter expertise to ensure marketing plans are on target, to clarify product positioning issues
- Conducts meetings with internal teams to explain benefits for new offerings and how to position new programs and offerings in the healthcare segment
- Develops business case documentation to establish baseline for opportunities and challenges to gaining market share
- Works with local and global marketing teams to develop comprehensive marketing materials and collateral
- Implements measurement plans to ensure effective tracking of direct marketing activities and program or product deployment
Identifies Customer Needs and Industry Segment Trends
- Leads regular communication with marketing sources (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Business Analytics, Customer Service, etc.) to gain insight into the needs of customers
- Reviews industry sources (e.g., periodicals, financial reports, field reviews, etc.) to stay current on trends and issues that impact customers
- Visits customers, talks to association contacts, and challenges team members, peers, and leaders to expand customer knowledge and stay apprised of current customer needs and issues.
- Conducts market research to understand the needs of customers and to define the scope of new offerings
- Develops thought leadership; develop KOLs, run advisory boards and build partnerships to build and increase brand affinity and product solution adoption
- Conducts primary research to understand customer needs and identify opportunities to enhance the value proposition
- Identifies and analyzes segment trends to develop projections of customer needs and potential solutions
Identifies Specific Healthcare Targets
- Analyzes and synthesizes market research to identify specific healthcare targets based on size, opportunity, profit, and ability to win business
- Uses financial analyses of projected growth in targeted segments, products, or program groups to determine future target markets
- Conducts projected growth analyses of healthcare targets to forecast financial success of initiatives and marketing efforts
- Develops business case models of healthcare targets to support development of new offerings within defined markets
- Conducts research to determine customers’ needs and gain an understanding of the business model, market conditions and competitors
Analyzes and Reports Performance of Segments or Products
- Reviews annual situation assessment (i.e., SWOT [strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats] analysis) to understand past performance of products and services
- Conducts research with internal and external customer data to understand factors driving product performance and results
- Identifies strategic implementation opportunities of key customer issues to develop alternatives in incentive plans, product repositioning and new approaches to the marketplace
- Analyzes segment and revenue performance to report any variances to plan
- Monitors and reports performance of marketing initiatives to senior management to explain any variance to plan and outline key learnings or issues
- Supports annual business planning process to ensure planned growth is aligned with market & initiatives
Develops and Maintains Subject Matter Expertise
- Participates in professional associations to further knowledge and gain insights into current industry trends.
- Reviews industry-related publications to enhance knowledge and understanding of the industry and the market.
Education required to fulfill this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or business-related field is required. MBA is preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in Healthcare Marketing.
- Experience in healthcare education or clinical experience in the healthcare industry is desirable.
- CRM experience required; Salesforce.com experience is preferred.
- Proven track of record of building and optimizing multiple, simultaneous marketing campaigns; equally comfortable building strategic marketing plans and executing at a tactical level
- Experience in healthcare segment marketing strategy and deployment experience and targeting
- Demonstrated experience navigating matrixed organizations with a heavy emphasis on collaboration to influence and develop scalable solutions
- Demonstrated success in managing revenue targets
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence
- Superior communication skills: clear, persuasive, and inspiring in both written and verbal communication.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills: ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Self-driven and flexible enough to work in a hyper-growth environment.
- Comfortable with data and metrics; strong analytical ability with test and learn mentality for tweaking, experimenting, and continuous optimization
- Intense curiosity about data and the insights it holds about our customers
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized, able to manage multiple projects to meet deadlines.