We’re hiring a Product Marketing Manager to join our collaborative marketing team. We’re looking for someone with B2B marketing expertise to apply their skills in planning and executing go-to-market strategies for our unique set of products.
Rustici Software holds a unique place in the Learning Technology industry. We solve problems specific to implementing technical standards that help learning technology products play well together. Our software is responsible for launching and tracking standards based online learning for millions of learners, and if you’ve ever taken an online course, there’s a good chance our software was running behind the scenes. You would join a team that markets our learning technology software products that are used worldwide. We are a remote/in-office hybrid company located in Franklin, TN. While we give preference to local candidates, we are open to qualified remote candidates residing in the United States.
What you’ll do
- Understand where our products fit in the market today and where we take them next: Help keep us up-to-date on understanding our buyer personas, market trend analysis and competitive research. And be up for the challenge of finding new markets to break into based on your research.
- Craft the product marketing strategy and messaging: Plan and execute integrated product campaigns from start to finish. Be thoughtful and strategic on how we tell the world about our products.
- Bring vision and also execution skills: Be ready to roll up your sleeves in content creation (e.g. sales materials, website copy, blog posts, email campaigns, product videos, etc.) to articulate the benefits of our products.
- Collaborate with everyone: This role requires you to work across functions and departments to bring our products to life. You are at the center of our entire organization, constantly interacting with teammates, customers and prospects. Our teams pride themselves on working together to better our products, our strategies and each other.
- Be a part of the culture: When you aren’t marketing our products, there are plenty of opportunities to play and socialize. On any given day, you will find a group of people playing some kind of game, whether they are in the office or remote. If games aren’t your thing, don’t fret. We have tons of interesting Slack conversations like debating the sandwichness of a meal, how frustrating the wordle of the day is or the price of a fully articulated giraffe skeleton.
The ideal candidate has:
- Demonstrated success in driving go-to-market campaigns through exceptional product positioning and messaging skills. Bonus points if you have experience with B2B SaaS products, and/or Learning Technology products.
- Ability to explain our highly technical and complex software technologies to a wide variety of audiences.
- Compelling communication skills – you can write, speak and present with varied styles to engage, persuade and convert.
- Project management skills to plan and keep up with your own tasks and assignments you’ve given to others.
- Highly creative problem-solving skills with an analytical mindset that centers around using qualitative and quantitative analysis to make data-informed decisions.
- Thrives working in a collaborative environment where we all pitch in.
- Embraces our “ask us anything” motto and inbound approach to marketing.
About the team
Marketing will be your core team to collaborate with when it comes to how our product messaging aligns with our campaign strategy and to work alongside when it comes to the execution of plans. We currently have two marketers responsible for branding, events, content and advertising, and we all brainstorm and work together on different projects. You’ll have the opportunity to help shape future marketing strategies and bring new ideas to the table while having the 2023 framework already in place.
In addition to marketing, you will most likely spend your days with:
- Product Management and Development – These teams are responsible for designing and developing our software products to make sure that we’re building the right things and communicating well internally about roadmaps and releases.
- Sales and Account Management aka Friendship Hall – These are the teams that most often talk with our customers and prospects and field requests for new features. We can always improve how we communicate what our products do and how they work and would look to you to collaborate with these teams for developing sales tools, product release communications, demos and other sales support activities. And of course, talking to our customers and prospects-they’re doing some pretty cool things!
- Support and Delight – Our frontline teams see a lot when it comes to supporting our products. They are the first to know when we need to improve our documentation and user guides and where we can improve how people find and use our products. You’ll definitely be spending some time with these folks.
How we’re different
Rustici Software isn’t your average workplace. There’s a reason why we have been named Best Place to Work by Nashville Business Journal for 13 years.
Over the last 20 years, we’ve created a unique environment where people want to work and look forward to Monday. We strive not to be static. We desperately want to grow, change, and do our work better year over year. This is your chance to work with a group of people that want you to be opinionated about the work we do and how we do it. You won’t always win the arguments we participate in, but you’ll know that we deeply value your input and that your coworkers are as passionate as you.
We also take great care of the people that work here, and our benefits are unrivaled.
- 100% company paid for health, vision and dental for you AND your family, including monthly HSA company contributions starting day one
- Unlimited vacation time
- Flexible work environment: Remote/in-office hybrid company located in Franklin, TN
- 401k/Retirement (with matching up to 4% effective on day one)
- Performance-based bonuses
- Voted a Best Place to Work in Nashville for 13 years running
- Quarterly Jenafits to use toward things like gym memberships, massages, car detailing and house cleaning
- Office perks: Concierge services, gym equipment, yoga room and stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
How to apply
If the work we’ve described sounds interesting to you, get in touch! Tell us how you’d help us solve our problems. What special opinions, thoughts or perspectives do you bring to the table that we can’t do without? If you have any work that you’re especially proud of or want to share, feel free to add or attach a link. Most importantly, make sure that you share with us what makes you the right person for this job and that you want to work here, not just somewhere.
Each time we hire, we wait until we find exactly the right person. If that’s you, we really hope you’ll apply.