Product Marketing Manager
AwareColumbus, Ohio6M ago
Do you thrive on challenge and love a start-up environment? Do you love data and crafting compelling stories? We are seeking an experienced and data-driven Product Marketing Manager to join our growing team. The Product Marketing Manager (PMM) fills a strategic role working with cross-functional teams to ensure the success of our products.
As a “full-stack PMM,” you will wear many hats as you partner with our product, demand generation, marketing and sales teams to develop product positioning and messaging, identify personas, enable sales, create content, conduct competitor analysis, manage launches, and help drive Aware’s go-to-market strategy.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment where the right attitude, energy and willingness to learn and contribute is critical. You’re creative, collaborative, and data-oriented, and have hands-on product marketing experience in a B2B SaaS company. You are self-motivated, a clear and effective communicator, and have demonstrated ability to perform at a high-level in previous professional experience. You possess strong marketing and analytical skills, with a track record of working cross-functionally to deliver on successful campaigns and experiments.
Successful performance could look a lot like this:
• Partner with our product and marketing teams to define go-to-market strategies rooted in key insights, product needs and emerging trends
• Develop deep product understanding, product messaging and positioning that sets us apart from competitors, demonstrates understanding of our customers’ needs, and moves us forward on the path to creating a new category
• Partner with the Sales team to develop and produce impactful enablement resources and arm the team to better position Aware against other competitors and products in order to drive faster sales cycles, larger deal sizes, and healthy conversion rates
• Work cross-functionally to constantly drive and create holistic, results-driven campaigns and experiments to drive awareness, improve conversions, and increase engagement
• Be a strategic partner to the Product team, with a focus on driving results and a desire to experiment with new channels
• Be the voice of the customer. Document audience needs and pain points, and work with the rest of the team to reflect that perspective in everything we do
• Define our target audiences and buying personas, understand and document the buying process for our solution, and create content and resources that map to the customer journey
• Be comfortable working side-by-side with leaders in the company for key launches and announcements
• 5+ years product marketing experience, ideally at a B2B SaaS company
• Experience leading cross-functional initiatives, communicating your strategy and vision, and driving execution of all tactics (including digital experimentation) to drive awareness, engagement, and product adoption
• Experience working across several aspects of product marketing, including branding and positioning, targeted outreach, Go-to-Market strategy, campaigns, community, content, web, social media, email, events, and sales enablement
• Strategic, analytical, and data-driven with the ability to leverage insights to better understand our customers, represent the voice of the user, and bring an audience centric perspective into the go-to-market and product development processes
• Strong technical writing skills (meaning you can adapt to the Aware voice and write with the customer in mind), and proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
• Passion and deep interest in product management and learning new technologies —unafraid to dive into the nitty gritty technical details
• Experience working in global teams and collaborating across multiple geographies is a plus
• Positive outlook, creative, and flexible