Product Marketing Manager
AppfireAtlanta (or remote)1Y ago
Software is eating the world — and as Atlassian’s largest global provider of award-winning commercial apps, Appfire is uniquely prepared for the feast! Our trusted Bob Swift, Wittified, and Feed Three product brands are loved by over ten thousand business teams worldwide, amassing over 1 million downloads. Come, be a part of our Appfire family for this amazing journey!
Appfire is looking for an exceptional Product Marketing Manager to join our fast growing team. YOU are an inspirational story-teller, gifted writer and skilled product evangelist with a love for translating product features and benefits into compelling customer messaging. YOU pride yourself in having extremely high standards for your own work, and you have a passion for continuous improvement. YOUR messaging skills and ability to produce engaging advocacy and advice across a myriad of products are only matched by your love of a well crafted brand voice and your desire to work within a fast-paced, “startup like” environment.
In this cross-functional role, YOU will do what you do best: use your incredible writing, story-telling, and presentation skills to help educate and inform customers, potential customers, and industry partners about the features, benefits, and business case value of our apps. YOU will be embedded directly within our product team to develop a deep expertise of our technical products and serve as the marketing team liaison to ensure that our marketing calendar aligns with the product release roadmap. YOU will be a leader within the marketing team, working with the Director of Marketing to help set team priorities to ensure timely and effective product launches.
YOU will be on the forefront of all customer communication, using your deep technical product expertise and creative energy to craft compelling product messaging in alignment with a wide array of customer-facing marketing materials — including web pages, product marketplace listings, case studies, email marketing, paid search, landing pages, product guides and documentation, partner channel webinars, videos, tradeshow materials and presentations, user groups, blog posts, product books, and more.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Owning the customer-facing messaging for our products across a range of channels and platforms.
- Working closely with internal product teams to develop a deep understanding of product features and benefits.
- Translating product functionality and technical use cases into compelling business cases and product messaging.
- Working with the rest of the marketing team to help guide the development of complementary assets for customer-facing marketing materials.
- Using your technical product expertise and stellar writing skills to ensure that marketing materials and campaigns are aligned with both our corporate vision and our customers’ business needs — including web pages, product marketplace listings, case studies, email marketing, paid search, landing pages, product guides and documentation, partner channel webinars, videos, tradeshow materials and presentations, user groups, blog posts, product books, and more.
- Serving as a liaison between the marketing team and product teams to ensure that marketing promotions and plans align with product release roadmaps for both new and major releases.
- Help prioritize marketing production work to ensure that marketing campaigns are aligned with our product release schedules.
- Attending industry tradeshows and representing Appfire’s family of brands and products within tradeshow booths and presentations.
- Working closely with other marketing team members and product development teams on cross-promotional campaigns to maximize product sales, and other metrics, both within and across our brands.
- Participating in the development of, and drafting content for, strategic marketing materials and educational assets to enable product sales by industry partners.
- Working with leadership to create and maintain Brand Messaging Guides that complement our internal Design Style Guides to define the voice and tone for our product marketing copy.
- Collaborating with marketing leadership and product leads to help define the product positioning and product marketing strategy for a cross section of our apps portfolio.
- Conducting competitor analysis to better understand the relative strengths and weaknesses of our brands and products.
- Constantly working to improve messaging and marketing content through well planned A/B tests.
- Understanding and influencing the marketing metrics that drive growth for Appfire.
- Participating in regular team and company meetings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by marketing leadership.
About Your Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years of product marketing experience or 4-5 years of relevant marketing experience required. B2B software experience preferred.
- Must have demonstrable experience writing compelling and effective marketing and instructional content for multiple technical products; samples will be required.
- Ability to understand complex technical product features and functionality and translate them into inspirational business use cases and customer-facing messaging.
- Top notch public speaking and presentation skills; you will represent our brands and products in a variety of situations, including webinars and tradeshow presentations.
- Outstanding marketing and technical copywriting skills required.
- Hands on experience with content marketing, email marketing, and paid search.
- Ability to understand the complex intricacies and implications of having many intertwined automated promotional campaigns with advanced segmentation — and ensuring that associated messaging works together in harmony.
- Impeccable spelling and grammar, and thorough proofreading skills with a consistent eye for exceptional detail.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Incredibly high standards for your own work.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, self-manage, and work independently, managing several tight deadlines at once.
- Outstanding ability to learn quickly and execute swiftly and accurately in a fast-paced, technology-based environment.
- Experience with content management software, email marketing platforms, data warehousing applications, and landing page creation software.
- Enduring passion for continuous improvement is highly valued on this team.
- Ability to travel to tradeshows and team meetings 2-6 times a year.
- Can maximize his/her output and excel in a work-from-home setting.
- Appreciation for core aesthetic principles to ensure deployment of messaging campaigns that align with our core design themes and high standards for visual output.
- Experience working in an app marketplace as a downstream provider preferred.
- Experience with Atlassian tooling, such as Trello, Jira, and Confluence, a plus.
- Bachelor degree in marketing, communications, business administration, or related field required.
- Candidates based in metro Atlanta are preferred but exceptional remote candidates will be considered.
- All applications must include links to exceptional copy samples in the required question fields in our online application. Candidates without outstanding samples will not be considered.
As part of the Appfire team, in addition to a competitive full time salary, you’ll also have the flexibility to work from your home office and enjoy benefits such as full company-paid health insurance,
More About Us
For more than 14 years, Appfire has driven Atlassian products and services into the enterprise, enabling countless teams to quickly innovate, develop, and bring their products to market. With over 1 million downloads, and more than 60 of the most popular apps on the Atlassian Marketplace, Appfire's award-winning Bob Swift, Wittified, and Feed Three product brands have helped over 10,000 customers across 90 countries to creatively enhance their Atlassian tools.