Product Marketing Manager
VelocityEHS(Toronto) Oakville, Ontario, Canada2M ago
At VelocityEHS our goal is to deliver the most complete, the most user friendly, and the quickest and easiest-to-implement EHS, sustainability and risk management platform available. We are deeply committed to delivering exceptional service to our customers and have a thriving, self-directed, collaborative environment, with strong company culture and value proposition
As a product marketing manager, you are responsible for making solutions “fly off the shelf.” This role is the glue that binds our go-to-market strategy to the tactics we need to drive success and achieve results in sales and marketing.
You will take an audience-centric approach to understanding the market, crafting the message and enabling the messengers. You know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. You speak the language of value and are laser-focused on business outcomes. You also know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. This isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales team to be successful.
You will collaborate with our marketing and sales teams to develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key tasks and responsibilities of the Product Marketing Manager include, but aren’t limited to:
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria. You must love meeting new people – either in person or over the phone – and have an ability to guide conversations to get usable insights.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, how they attribute value, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then enable our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned. Develop competitive strategies and maintain up-to-date information.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Collaborate with sales enablement and others to create compelling demos and pitch decks.
- Support go-to-market, pricing and packaging strategy with market evidence.
- Support the development of marketing plans for the audiences you support.
- Understand and support our sales and customer success teams; enable sellers and CSMs to understand the problems we solve for our buyers and users; partner with the sales training team to develop internal tools and with marketing communications to develop external collateral.
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Minimal Skills & Qualifications:
- Empathy, humility, curiosity and business acumen.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.
- A strong public speaker – comfortable in front of large, senior groups – and a solid writer.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Industry experience in Manufacturing, Chemicals, Mining, Oil & Gas or Construction.
- Experience in Environment Health and Safety.
- Pragmatic Institute Certified (PMC) II or higher.
- Travel up to 15%.
- Comfortable working with remote colleagues using conferencing tools.
- Occasional work outside of normal working hours.