Product Marketing Manager
SENTRYSan Francisco, CA3M ago
Product Marketing Manager
“Software is eating the world.” This claim is never truer than today, with every major business developing, using and maintaining software to communicate and transact with customers and end-users. And with software defects and outages a fact of life, Sentry is here to minimize the havoc and potential losses caused when they occur. Our customers are software developers and engineers around the world. We enjoy strong name recognition and brand awareness, compelling year-on-year growth and are well-funded by name-brand VCs, including Accel Ventures and NEA.
About this role
Sentry is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to manage GTM launches, own competitive intelligence, support our sales team's enterprise motion—including sales enablement materials—and collaborate with external partners on go-to-market activities. This is an opportunity for the right person to have a major impact in three main areas:
- Define and expand Sentry's product category and customer journey
- Build targeted playbooks that improve sales effectiveness and efficiency
- Evolve strategy, positioning, messaging, and value prop, especially as part of a coalition of technologies
The ideal candidate will enjoy digging into markets and solutions for developers, and has a passion for creating content that drives user and field readiness. You know how to speak to a discerning technical audience of customers, analysts, press, partners, and colleagues, as well as stand out in a crowd.
You'll be the first line of defense for competitive differentiation to keep us a step ahead, working with customers and prospects and feeding the rest of the marketing and sales machine. You'll manage Sentry's product marketing group and work closely with the executive, sales, and product teams, as well as help fuel the rest of the marketing organization.
- 4+ years relevant experience as a product marketer
- Passion for telling user and use-case stories in a manner that resonates with, and engages our customers
- Staying abreast of marketing trends, and understanding the new marketing stack, including observability, automation, and rapid iteration
- Understanding of open source software and developer tools
- Serious communication chops: sharing slide decks you’ve authored, and links to published writing samples will be required,as well as strong verbal and influencer skills
- Ability to explain both complex technical concepts in a simple, linear, and holistic way and complex solution and business value concepts in a way developers understand
- Equal enthusiasm for and capability in research, strategy, programs, and execution
- Portfolio of long-form technical assets
- Background in blogging, digital marketing, video, or podcasts
- Past work at a fast-paced startup and comfort with self-direction
- Contribute to an open source product used by tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that cares a lot about diversity and inclusivity
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision premiums coverage for employees, 75% premiums coverage for dependents
- Commuter subsidy
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy and 529 College Savings Plan
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.