Product Marketing Manager
Apogee Telecom, Inc.Austin, TX4 days ago
The Managed IT Services Product Marketing Manager role at Apogee is the glue that binds our product strategy to the campaigns and activities we need to drive success in sales and marketing to achieve results. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches, creating product content for each step in the customer journey, and driving demand for Apogee Managed Campus, IT, and ResNet services.
You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our higher ed buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions and the objections they may present. This isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market research, segmentation, and customer journey mapping and then use that knowledge to drive the development of product positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales team to be successful.
You will report to the VP of Marketing and collaborate with the marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand. You are obsessed with tracking performance and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t. You are an excellent writer with experience working with agencies and third-party creators. You know how to create and direct third-party creation of compelling content (web copy, brochures, blog posts, presentations, sales tools, etc.) and campaigns. You are comfortable getting technical on topics such as Wi-Fi, networking, IoT, edge computing, analytics, systems administration, and other IT topics.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers and salespeople; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
For more information or to apply, go to https://apply.workable.com/j/963EA8D1C6.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy, their key buying criteria, and how to group them into segments.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer segments and personas.
- Understand and document the buyer’s journey, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis and deliver monthly dashboards with recommended changes.
- Plan and lead the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales team; help our sales enablement manager train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users and develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- 7+ years of product marketing experience in technology – preferably networking or IT services – with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, both in person and in virtual environments.
- Must be a solid writer. Samples of published written works and portfolio showcasing a campaign you led or were involved in required.
- Exceptional marketing pipeline, funnel, and ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t – working
- Excellent soft skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties such as ad agency, PR/Social agency, and research firms.
- Expert in Microsoft Office, Trello, Slack, LinkedIn.
- Marketo Certified Associate preferred.
- Familiar with Demandbase and Google Analytics.
- Location is Austin, TX in hybrid office/virtual environment. Relocation not provided.
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better so here is what we are offering:
- An attractive salary
- Health insurance plan including Health Savings Account matching program
- Monthly technology stipend
- Engineering and Technical teams receive cash bonuses for obtaining certifications
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Peer recognition programs
- Career development programs
At Apogee, we believe education is a doorway to a fair and just society. Within our own walls, we stand committed to creating a healthy culture of diversity and inclusion, empowering one another as advocates for an inclusive workplace, and doing so transparently. Apogee employees founded three employee-led groups in 2020 including Diversity and Inclusion, Civic Awareness, and Apogee Veterans.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org.