Product Marketing Manager
Position: Product Marketing Manager
Reporting Structure: Reports to Chief Strategy Officer
About the role: JumpCloud is searching for an experienced, SaaS-focused, Product Marketing Manager, a key position acting as the catalyst of our product’s go to market execution and the driver of its core positioning and education. Our PMM role is critical in ensuring the ‘what’ and the ‘why’ of our Directory-as-a-Service® features, including their positioning and underlying value to our customers, is consistently and clearly communicated and deeply understood by a wide variety of internal and external audiences.
About the company: JumpCloud’s industry leading Directory-as-a-Service platform centralizes and simplifies identity management for thousands of users globally. We offer an incredible opportunity to learn and make an impact at a fast-growing startup. Each team member gets an up close personal view and education into building a fast growing startup. We are transparent about what we are doing, how we are doing it, and the decisions that we are making. There is ample opportunity to progress and are rewarded for the ability to find and offer unique approaches you are required to solve problems for.
About you: We are looking for a passionate individual who loves to dive deep and understand the intricacies of our product, is not afraid of hands-on demonstrations and presentations of highly complex and technical material, and deeply understands the needs of our users and what they need to be successful in their jobs. You will also be the go-to source for understanding the competition and players in your market sector to contrast our value and approach to the critical problems we are solving. Said succinctly, you are the SME in your domain-area of JumpCloud. You thrive working cross-functionally. Interfacing and collaborating with a wide variety of team members across marketing, product management, sales, customer success and finance all the way to the customer themselves. You enjoy taking new technology from inception to industry-wide recognition as a leader in your segment. Join us if you are looking to make an impact, thrive in a fast paced environment, embrace new opportunities, and challenge yourself to be consistently better each day.
- Product and Feature Positioning and Messaging - Build JumpCloud’s positioning and messaging for key functional areas of JumpCloud’s Directory-as-a-Service platform. Understand the market, competitors, users, pains, and more to accurately position our product and features in prospects’ minds. Operationalize processes around this so that the entire company is operating from this information.
- Competitive Intelligence and Analysis - Understand the competitive landscape and translate this analysis to internal and external work products. Develop processes for collecting competitive intelligence, distilling into the right level of detail, and then translating into internal and external communications.
- Go to Market Leadership - Provide leadership around go to market activities for our feature releases. This includes building feature level positioning and competitive landscapes, preparing internal teams, and informing launch activities. While other arms of the marketing team will execute on many of the public-facing deliverables, you must be able to understand growth marketing approaches.
- Internal Enablement - Develop processes, materials, training, and documentation for internal enablement. This includes training sales and marketing, supporting the creation of sales decks, battle cards and more.
- External Evangelism - Provide subject area expertise and thought leadership to assist with JumpCloud’s field marketing objectives. Provide product demonstrations and key presentations to external audiences.
You will need:
- 4+ years of product marketing or related experience
- Experience in B2B SaaS product marketing within product-led companies
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in public speaking to highly technical audiences
- Experience in security solutions such as single sign-on (SSO), Identity and Access Management (IAM), Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS) and directory services (JumpCloud, LDAP, Active Directory)
- Proven ability to simplify complex technical information for simple consumption
- Analytical approach to understanding product marketing
- Comfortable with autonomy, driving initiatives, and acting as an owner of your domain
- Extremely well organized with the ability to manage multiple initiatives at once and deliver on time
- Ability to work and thrive within a fast-paced and continually growing environment
- BA/BS - MBA a plus