Product Marketing Lead
Thought IndustriesBoston, MA10M ago
As Thought Industries Product Marketing Lead, you will work with product, customer success, and sales / marketing peers to differentiate our product from the competition, reduce the time it takes to close new deals, and improve customer product adoption. As the owner of our ‘For-Profit Training’ market segment, you will be responsible for feature go-to-market strategy, market intelligence, sales enablement, and customer engagement for the “For Profit Training’ segment.
This position mashes up creative and analytical skills, and requires an agile intellect that can blend customer intelligence, storytelling, data manipulation, and technology to translate the value of our product to new and existing customers.
In this role, you’ll be successful if you can:
- Work with marketing, sales, and product peers to identify and exceed business goals on a consistent basis.
- Develop product messaging that resonates with target buyer personas in the ‘For-Profit Training’ market segment and differentiates the value of Thought Industries from others in the market.
- Communicate the value of new / improved features to the marketing and sales teams and develop sales materials that help educate the team and close more deals.
- Drive go-to-market planning and execution for new features for the ‘For-Profit Training’ market, working cross-functionally to ensure a successful launch.
- Create product content such as landing pages, press releases, case studies, videos, website copy, emails, and blog posts for marketing and customer communication. Work with the product and marketing teams to ensure all relevant product information is updated on our corporate site, with relevant selling points.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of launch campaigns and other programs, identifying future opportunities and sharing key learnings.
- Work with the Product and Customer Success teams to increase customer engagement with the Thought Industries platform and drive new feature adoption.
- Manage and distribute the Thought Industries online reputation strategy including external review sites, Net Promoter Score, and customer references.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on the competition and how they are positioned
Sound like something you’d love to do? Awesome! Your background and experience should include, but is not necessarily limited to the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field desired.
- 5+ years of experience working in a B2B / SaaS-focused product marketing role.
- Experience owning and improving key funnel metrics in a fast-growing tech environment.
- Self-starter eager to own projects and take the initiative where there’s room for improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate the value of a product to solving business challenges. We want to communicate “why” more than “what.
- Strong left brain / right brain execution that combines creativity with analytical rigor.
- Excellent written and in-person communication skills. Much of our team works remotely and it's important that we're able to understand each other through text and spoken word.
- Eagerness to collaborate, learn, and contribute. You’re equally comfortable writing content for a sales sheet and landing page as you are defining and managing the various components of a product launch.
- Comfortable working closely with leadership teams at a cross-departmental level
- Experience working with a direct sales team, as well as with product management teams.
- Previous experience with online learning software a plus.
- Passionate, motivated and hungry to succeed