Director, Product Marketing
SENTRYSan Francisco, CA9M ago
“Software is eating the world.” This claim is never truer than today, with every major business developing, using and maintaining software to communicate and transact with customers and end-users. And with software defects and outages a fact of life, Sentry is here to minimize the havoc and potential losses caused when they occur. Our customers are software developers and engineers around the world. We enjoy strong name recognition and brand awareness, compelling year-on-year growth and are well-funded by name-brand VCs, including Accel Ventures and NEA.
About the Role
The Director of Product Marketing will be both a strategic and functional head of Sentry's product marketing organization.
This person will be an innovative and creative thinker who ensures Sentry's products and mission resonate with our users and buyers, including identifying product market fit and competitive advantage. This includes programs, messaging, and content that explain how Sentry is key to a modern IT organization's ability to scale and succeed.
- Collaborate with other company leaders (product, sales, marketing, creative) on Sentry's position, value, messaging, packaging and go-to-market strategy.
- Analyze buyer personas and market segments (self-serve through Enterprise) for deeper insight into Sentry's customer base and their challenges.
- Monitor growth and adoption of products across the customer lifecycle, from driving awareness and acquisition through retention.
- Review competitive offerings and drive ongoing differentiation and competitive distinction
- Assist the sales organization through enablement initiatives including customer stories, use cases, and other solution-based messaging, to strengthen Enterprise adoption.
- Forecast, measure, analyze, and track marketing funnel demand generation activities on revenue, sales pipeline and sales cycle length.
- Lead an existing small team and identify opportunity within the product marketing organization for growth.
- 7+ years experience in product marketing or a similar function; 3+ years managing a team.
- Strong understanding of high velocity or freemium business models.
- Proven track record of supporting Enterprise efforts through solutions messaging and collateral.
- Committed leader who takes initiative without being asked; takes pride and personal ownership of work and team success.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Experience presenting to C-Level executives.
- Passion for measurement, metrics and continuous improvement across the organization.
- Bonuses: An MBA, experience in developer tools, experience in enterprise IT.
- You thrive when part of a product-driven, highly technical, fast-paced and growing organization.
- You're looking for a new challenge, at an emerging developer-first product.
- You're driven. You'll be key to setting strategy and prioritizing the projects we work on. We want you to take the initiative and inspire your team to do the same.
More than one million developers use Sentry, ranging from individual hackers to the biggest teams at the largest technology companies in the world. We're looking for someone with deep experience in product marketing to join our growing family of <100 employees and help us hit our next milestone.
- Contribute to an open source product used by tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that cares a lot about diversity and inclusivity
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision premiums coverage for employees, 75% premiums coverage for dependents
- Commuter subsidy
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy and 529 College Savings Plan
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.