Director, Product Marketing
Saba SoftwareDublin, California9M ago
Saba Software is a cloud-based talent development/management platform that delivers a continuous employee development experience - from personalized training, and collaboration to real-time coaching, goal setting, and feedback. Saba Software is a global leader with close to $300M US in revenue, with 1,400 employees in 17 countries, serving more than 4,000 customers, and over 33 million end users. Named a Leader in the Talent Development/Management Technology Value Matrix 2018 report from Nucleus Research, Saba Software was voted a winner in the 2018 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation.
Director, Product Marketing
What you will do?
You will lead a team of global product marketers. You will analyze the market to understand what customers and prospects need, what competitors are doing and what the go-to-market strategy should be. You will work with the product team to understand the solutions to message and position them correctly. Your team will partner with PMs in developing pricing strategies that maximize revenue opportunities. You will identify customer segments and create personas to help improve sales and marketing performance. You will look at international markets, recommend ideal expansion candidates and formulate market entry strategies. You will serve as the voice of the customer. The Director, Product Marketing will focus a majority of his/her time on strategic messaging and positioning, demand generation, sales enablement and client retention marketing for Saba Talent Management products, partners and services.
Messaging and Positioning:
Develop messaging and positioning for sales and partners enablement, by segment and role as applicable, to differentiate Company as THE premium Talent Management solution provider.
Partner with the Demand Generation team to devise campaign strategy and themes, create compelling content, and guide marketing programs to drive demand for Saba’s products and services.
Equip and train the sales team on the Company value proposition with world class sales tools, competitive and market intelligence to overcome critical objections and support every stage of the selling process.
Client Retention and Growth:
Partner with Field and Corporate Marketing to develop high quality messaging, content and campaigns to support and drive retention efforts including strategic and technical roadmap engagements and client success stories.
Demonstrate clear and compelling points of view including unique approaches to solving problems with strategic insights and actionable advice for clients and internal partners such as Product Management.
- Provide managerial and thought leadership to a team diverse team of product and partner marketers
- Develop and implement high-impact go-to-market campaigns, product launches and marketing programs
- Develop differentiated product positioning and messaging that can be consumed by a variety of audiences: including but not limited to customers, partners, media, investors, industry analysts
- Develop a strong understanding of the company's products and services and represent the voice of the customer in business and roadmap planning
- Perform win/loss and competitive analyses; identify gaps and opportunities for future product development
- Have a strict eye on meeting KPIs for product marketing to align with company goals and metrics
- Partner with cross functional team leads on product pricing, packaging and demand generation activities
- Identify new market opportunities, measure market size, and build plans for acquiring market share and revenue consistent with overall company growth objectives
- Take leadership position in partnering with the alliance team to create marketing programs and collateral that will enable us to resell partner services or enable them to resell our services.
- -10+ years of enterprise cloud software product marketing/management experience with at least 4+ years of experience in an external facing role.
- Recent experience in HR or Talent Management software a plus.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree or 10-15 years of equivalent work experience
- MBA preferred but not required.
- Proven track record of exceptional results.
- Willing to travel up to 20%
Excellent Communication and Persuasion Skills – Ability to convincingly sell ideas and plans to internal and external constituencies including executives, prospects, clients, sales team and analysts.
Polished Executive-Level Presentation Skills – Ability to simplify and present complex information and concepts with confidence to establish rapport, credibility, and trust with an executive-level audience
Self-Sufficiency – Ability to identify solutions and forge a strategic direction despite high degrees of ambiguity and uncertainty.
Multi-Tasking and Agility - Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully execute projects under a heavy workload and fast-changing conditions is critical
Think Strategically - Know what it takes to give a business the competitive advantage. Ability to see the forest through the trees in a dynamic environment. Must be able to help develop relevant, sustainable solutions. Align the right resources to the task at hand. Foresee and plan around obstacles
Make Smart Decisions - Analyze and synthesize broad, cross-business or cross-discipline information that leads to breakthroughs or significant insight. Make an impact
Focus on Customer Success - Build and maintain relationships with customers; shape solutions that have significant positive impact on their business and let the voice of the customer hurt through product/service design
Drive Results - Attack everything with drive and energy with an eye on both the bottom line and customer success