ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Director of Product Marketing with deep experience across the entire product marketing stack from research and strategy to planning and execution. You have a strategic approach, collaborative spirit, and get-it-done mentality, and will work within a high-performance, hardworking GTM team (product, marketing, sales & success) to take the company to the next level as we scale and continue our strong upward growth trajectory.
ABOUT THE TEAM
- You will be a pivotal team member, helping us meet results-oriented growth goals in 2022 and beyond. You will be responsible for leading the voice of the customer as it relates to product/service strategy, go-to-market planning, product/service positioning, competitive intelligence and collaborating with marketing, sales enablement and success teams to ensure growth and adoption of OKRs are met for our entire offering. This is a dynamic role that provides an opportunity to flex your muscles as a marketing athlete, with your trifecta of proven collaboration, communication and leadership skills!
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- In this high-impact, high-visibility role, you will work strategically with and report to our Chief Marketing Officer, to own and build out the product marketing function, including:
- PRODUCT/SERVICE POSITIONING
- Be the master of Side’s story and work with the product, marketing & sales enablement to effectively communicate Side's vision across our target audiences, from high-level value propositions to compelling product features and business services.
- Develop a strong communication plan for new features/services as it relates to employees, existing partners and prospects (when applicable)
- GO TO MARKET EXECUTION
- Develop a repeatable go to market launch plan for the organization from research to official launch across our customer base.
- Define robust beta testing program, including feedback loops for continuous learning and product/service refinement
- Lead pricing, packaging & promotion efforts across all new offerings, collaborating across stakeholders to maximize impact.
- VOICE OF THE CUSTOMER: RESEARCH & MARKET INTELLIGENCE
- Become an industry specialist with a deep understanding of our target audience buying decisions and day-to-day challenges we can help solve so that we can inform product and service offering decisions.
- Deeply understand the competitive landscape, and overall strategy through ongoing research to inform both business decisions, as well as to provide battle cards for our sales organization.
- Back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to evolve positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales and success teams to be successful
- Continuously analyze insights from prospect meetings, customer interviews, and sales tools to identify ways to improve our messaging and product capabilities
- Develop thought leadership around customer best practices that can be used to educate our community and prospects.
- CUSTOMER ACQUISITION, ADOPTION & RETENTION
- Plan the roadmap and deliver impactful product launch and enhancement communications, working closely with key partners across product management, marketing, enablement, sales/sales engineering, and customer success
- Build powerful assets and collateral such as product sheets, decks, explainer videos, newsletters, market-facing collateral, industry narratives, playbooks, pitch decks, battle cards, success sheets, and other sales enablement materials
- Collaborate closely with enablement to arm the team with a solid arsenal of messaging and tools, to showcase and amplify Side’s outstanding model and differentiation
- Work closely with Demand gen, content marketing, community marketing and customer success on campaign assets to influence movement across various stages from top of the funnel, through the sales and success funnels.
- Own objective key results / key performance indicators tied to customer acquisition, adoption, retention, and advocacy
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A STRONG FIT FOR THE ROLE
- Experience in a high-growth start up
- 7+years product marketing leadership experience with a B2B SaaS company
- Experience in a market-facing role interacting with customers & prospects (e.g., delivering presentations, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Experience developing product marketing process & high-level strategy (through primary and secondary research) in addition to building messaging / positioning and executing GTM plans in highly unified cross-functional team environments
- Proven track record in building product marketing function & team
- History of developing positioning and messaging for products that serve multiple use cases and personas
- Strong communication, story-telling and presentation skills with the ability to take complicated concepts and make them simple
- Experience marketing in an enterprise technology sales cycle; familiar with field sales, inbound and outbound marketing campaigns
- Deep understanding of software and premium service models; real estate or banking / lending industry is a plus
- Comfortable communicating and partnering with internal teams on joint Go-to-Market efforts as well as handling projects with short deadlines, cross-functional dependencies, and contending priorities
- You have fortitude and proficiency to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment while working cross-functionally to influence leadership and align partners
- You are a “marketing athlete” and have high EQ, great respect, and strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in
- You share and champion Side values and have a track record of owning, caring, and actively communicating in prior high-performance team experiences
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools like Slack, Salesforce, and Asana
- Familiar with marketing automation & communication tools such as Pardot, HubSpot, Marketo, Intercomm, Pendo, Walkme, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; graduate degree a plus
- Pragmatic Marketing Certification is a bonus
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Best-in-class benefits, including 100% healthcare coverage (medical, vision and dental)
- Flexible PTO
- Learning and development credit
- Pet friendly environment
Side is dedicated to working with the highest skilled people from the most inclusive talent pool feasible. We maintain that diversity in all aspects leads to positive change, solutions and innovation for our customers and career fulfillment for our employees. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply!
Side uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many of our customers means that a background and DRE license check is required to join Side. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.