Director, Product Marketing
SterlingNew York10M ago
We’re a fast moving, innovative company and a world leader in cloud-based background screening and identity services. Our clients use our services to create safer workplaces, build trusted brands and protect vulnerable populations. That's not start-up lingo, we do it every day. We are financially stable, investing in growth and grounded in authenticity. If you are motivated and passionate, you will love working here. We hope to hear from you!
We have great people here and are looking for more. Come join us - you will love it!
As a Director, Vertical Marketing for Financial Services, you will use a blend of strategic thinking and “roll-up-your sleeves” results-focused execution, working collaboratively with product managers, sales, and customer success, as well as others in the marketing team. Attention to detail and an eye for quality are essential
Every day, our amazing team provides solutions to prospects and clients, gaining their trust while enhancing long-term partnerships. When you join us, you'll be part of a high-performing team that truly values your contributions will allow you to grow within the business. If you are a self-starter who can meet the challenge, keep reading! Job Description
Vertical marketing plays a critical role for Sterling, setting the marketing strategy for priority financial industry verticals, leading efforts to design, develop and deploy compelling messaging, go-to-market and demand generation programs aligned to business objectives to grow revenue and increase vertical brand equity. This collaborative role is a blend of strategic planning and “roll-up-your-sleeves,” results-focused execution that will work closely with the practice general manager, product managers, sales, account managers and marketing colleagues in a fast-paced environment.
Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into differentiated, industry-specific benefits for customers, sales and account managers is essential. The position requires significant initiative and drive along with superior marketing, strategic thinking, communications, and analytical capabilities. The successful candidate is a proven marketing leader with the ability to influence and motivate others, make their voice heard at executive levels, and bring new ideas to the table.
- Set the marketing strategy and tactical plans to successfully market products and services, supporting the achievement of business goals for our Financial Services Vertical.
- Create vertical-focused messaging, thought leadership, content, communications, and sales enablement materials.
- Manage customer success stories, case studies, testimonials and references.
- Develop and execute on plans for new product launches and product enhancement releases.
- Be an expert on your buyers, understand audience segmentation, and create buyer personas to help in marketing and sales efforts.
- Be an expert on your competition and how to beat them, developing competitive benchmarking and content to position against other providers.
- Partner with our digital/web content team on multi-channel, integrated campaigns that drive demand generation and optimize buying behavior.
- 10 years of experience in B2B/SaaS/PaaS product, vertical, and/or demand generation marketing, delivering highly successful buyer/user acquisition and engagement strategies.
- Top-notch market researcher: You get to know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you integrate this information into your growth strategies, SEO keywords and sales enablement initiatives.
- Master storyteller and communicator: You can craft a compelling story across different channels for different audience segments – and you know how to match the message to the medium both internally and externally. You’re crazy-good at articulating the essence of products and the value they create for customers. You can develop a strong messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy. You’re passionate about writing – even technical stuff.
- Tenacious project manager: You drive action as a great collaborator and master simplifier. You never stop pushing towards clarity, quality in delivery and exceptional results. You prioritize high impact activities with conviction and keep complex projects moving forward with cross-functional teams.
- Scrappiness: You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you’re resilient and persevere when others may fall away.
- BA/BS degree in marketing or related field required. MBA a plus.