Director of Product Marketing
ScyllaDbPalo Alto, CA, Anywhere5 days ago
ScyllaDB is seeking a data-driven Director of Product Marketing to drive go-to-market strategy, sales enablement and positioning.
You are a brilliant techie who has mastered the fusion of deep tech, customers and business advantages. You are able to simplify product advantages and translate them towards fast pace growth. You can form cohesive strategies but will also roll up your sleeves to do hands-on work. You think of yourself as a player-coach.
- Scale a world-class team with contributors who add value to customers and prospects to grow our footprint across industries
- Positioning and messaging – develop and continually evolve product positioning and messaging that differentiates our product in the market
- Product launches – plan product launches and oversee the cross-functional go-to-market campaigns associated with them
- Content creation – plan and contribute to collateral (e.g., whitepapers, videos, demos, videos, e-books, case studies, website product content, and presentations) to serve the top, middle and bottom of the funnel - enabling customers and prospects to easily understand the value proposition including business value, offering capabilities, and differentiation
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools, including sales decks, competitive briefs, battle cards, etc., that support the selling process of your products
- Sales training – plot out sales training for internal staff and partners, evaluating and responding to customer and market requirements, and communicating positioning and strategy
- Market intelligence – be the expert on buyers, target segments/verticals, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on the competition and execute offensive and defensive competitive plays. Manage the Competitive Analysis hub for the go-to market team including win-loss reporting, message testing, and product usage and adoption analysis
- Contribute to demand generation - partner with the demand gen teams to design integrated customer and prospect journeys. Be proactive in recognizing where pipeline gaps exist and assist to deliver campaigns to close gaps
- Proven ability to go deep technically and understand our product intimately
- 10+ years of software product marketing experience or in leadership positions in R&D/Product
- Degree in computer science or electrical engineering.
- Outstanding communication skills – written, verbal, and presentation to large groups
- Well organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience crafting impactful sales and marketing materials
- Proven ability to translate technical features into business benefits
- Experience with database technology, data analytics, product analytics is a big plus