Director of Portfolio Marketing
Our client is seeking an experienced Director of Portfolio Marketing to lead their Product Marketing and Customer Marketing teams to support the company's business goals.
Reporting into the CMO, this is a strategic role to develop and deliver appropriate go-to-market strategies for the company's solutions and markets and create portfolio positioning and messaging that drives growth within their target audiences and segments.
Location: UK Remote / Hybrid
As their Director of Portfolio Marketing, you will need to develop a deep understanding of their markets, their customers, and their needs in order to effectively transfer knowledge and insights across marketing and the wider business, to help inform campaign strategies, product roadmaps and equip their sales teams to sell effectively.
More specifically, through collaborating with the teams you will create a portfolio marketing strategy for the company, that ensures they deliver value at each stage of the customer journey and that drives revenue growth from their portfolio of solutions. You will lead and coach the product and customer marketing teams to develop integrated product and solution positioning, messaging and value propositions that align with buyer and customer needs. You will define appropriate go-to-market strategies for the company's product and solutions, and understand and interpret market trends, buyer needs and customer usage to identify opportunities to inform and help steer product roadmaps and pricing strategies.
As a leader to the Product Marketing and Customer Marketing teams you will support in setting clear objectives and key results, aligned directly to business goals. You will also support the CMO in evolving the Marketing department to support growth aspirations and journey to IPO, raising the profile of Portfolio Marketing and communicating the impact of Marketing across the wider business.
What makes you the Director of Portfolio Marketing?
Our client is looking for a senior and commercially astute leader with prior experience leading a successful product marketing, product management or customer marketing function within a B2B SaaS business. You’ll be a strategic thinker, great communicator and highly collaborative, with the ability to align product, commercial and marketing teams around effective go-to-market strategies.
- Substantial experience in product marketing and related marketing functions in the B2B software industry, ideally within a high-growth company targeting enterprise buyers.
- Previous success leading and managing a team of product and/or customer marketing professionals and demonstrable ability to inspire and motivate others to deliver results
- Proven track record in building, getting buy-in and executing marketing plans aligned to business objectives
- Customer centric marketer able to effectively represent the voice of the customer internally, encode buyer needs across the organization and ensure internal teams stay focused on ensuring customers realize value from their solutions Excellent stakeholder management and collaboration skills with demonstrable experience building credibility, influencing, and aligning senior stakeholders, and delivering results for product teams, sales teams, and customers
- A strategic thinker with an aptitude for leveraging market data and trends, and competitive and customer insights, to inform successful marketing strategies and identify new market opportunities to drive growth
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to use a combination of data and sound judgment to diagnose, measure performance and inform strategy development
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to explain and translate complex concepts into simple and intuitive communications and craft messaging and content that resonates with and motivates its intended audiences.
Achieving work life balance has never been more important and so our client has adopted a flexible-hybrid model. This means that people will work flexibly with a blend of remote (home) and co-located (office) work, with teams having the flexibility to decide which location best suits the outcomes they need to deliver.
For this role they anticipate that visiting the office once a month will be typical, though they’re happy to discuss what works best for you.