Developer Relations Lead
CohesitySan Jose7M ago
Developer Relations Lead
at Cohesity (View all jobs)San Jose, California, United States
Are you a strong developer who loves writing, speaking and teaching other developers about technology while taking a meaningful role in shaping the experience they have with the platform itself?
As Cohesity DevRel Lead, your mission is to educate and engage early adopters and the broader developer community around the Cohesity platform by telling a compelling story of opportunities to “do more by bringing compute to data” and backing it up with practical examples. That means doing whatever it takes to bring them into our developer community and keep them actively and happily building within it while learning from their experiences.
Practically speaking, this means that you will wear a lot of hats. As the core set of APIs and SDKs are developed, you will be a key interface with the early adopter community to make sure they will have a great experience on the platform when it is released. You'll need to build developer tools, write demos/tutorials and otherwise do pretty much whatever it takes to ensure developers have a great experience onboarding to and using the platform.
Going forward, you will be a visible presence representing Cohesity in communities around the world by working directly with our events and technical advocacy teams. This means everything from speaking to hosting workshops to supporting developers at events to hosting hackathons. You are the voice of the community to our internal team as well, helping to inform the development of product and educational roadmaps.
This is a role that will allow you to build real software and also take a public-facing role representing the platform to developer communities. It is one part marketing, one part engineering and one part community building with a healthy sprinkle of education and PR. You will be based in San Jose but travel is occasionally a necessary component to support events and meetups around the world.
- Create and deliver impactful content (sample code, blog posts, presentations, etc.) that help developers learn concepts and build successful apps and integrations on our data management platform – working to take our https://developer.cohesity.com/ toward a new level of actionable utility.
- Provide support and guidance to developers building on the Cohesity platform, throughout various channels, including discussion forums, social networks, Q&A sites, and email.
- Understand our third-party developers’ businesses, including current MarketPlace vendors, Solution Partners, and ISV prospects identified by our alliances and product teams.
- Help to improve the developer journey at scale by applying lessons learned through ongoing developer engagements.
- Advocate on behalf of the broader developer community (enterprise, partner and ISV), driving feedback to Cohesity product, engineering, and marketing teams.
- 5+ years in software engineering at top companies.
- 3+ years in evangelism, education or other public-facing technical roles.
- A strong track record of speaking, presenting and teaching highly technical topics.
- Broad understanding of the enterprise software space.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and technology (hosting, storage, containers, etc.)
- A clear passion for both creating software and engaging live communities.
- Ability to work as a self-starter with minimal guidance.
- Continual learner who thrives on figuring out new technology.
- Previous experience working in an early stage company.