Associate Product Marketing Manager
OptoroWashington, DC or Anywhere4 days ago
Associate Product Marketing Manager
Optoro is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates a lot of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions.
Our mission is to make retail more sustainable by eliminating all waste from returns. Our technology platform connects a seamless online returns experience with efficient supply chain processing and best in class reCommerce. With Optoro, retailers improve outcomes across all points of the returns process.
Backed by Kleiner Perkins, Revolution Growth, and UPS, Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees who thrive on solving big problems. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting organization that is focused on the triple bottom line.
Optoro continues to work remotely due to COVID-19. Interviews and onboarding for new candidates will occur remotely for the foreseeable future.
The Associate Product Marketing Manager is responsible for running Product Marketing for a portion of Optoro’s industry leading, end to end returns platform that powers returns for leading retailers across the globe. As a member of the Product Marketing team, you will be involved in all aspects of the Product and Sales process, from influencing the product roadmap to developing product packaging, positioning, messaging, and sales enablement materials. In this role, you will be responsible for developing Optoro’s Product Marketing deliverables for a key area of the business and conducting Marketing & Customer Research for Optoro’s product portfolio. The ideal candidate is ready to dive into the details and become a product expert. They are a self starter with a drive to quickly and efficiently deliver high quality work.
- Messaging & Positioning: Craft powerful messaging and positioning for particular areas of the product portfolio centered around solving key pain points for the customer. Tailor messaging and positioning by audience, vertical, and stage in the sales process.
- Competitive Intelligence: Develop a point of view on competition today and in the future for a particular area of Optoro’s product portfolio. Craft competitive takeaway campaigns and serve as the key point of contact for all competitive information and enablement.
- Content Creation: Develop and deliver high impact Product Marketing materials for specific lines of business, including collateral, case studies, sales decks, and demos.
- Go to Market Strategy: Provide input on the go to market strategy for key product lines in partnership with the Product, Sales, and rest of the Product Marketing team. Understand what is working well in market and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Market & Customer Research: Support Market & Customer Research for the Product Marketing team to identify market trends and areas of opportunity for the business in the future.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Be the go to subject matter expert for key products & solution areas.
Skills & Experience
- 1-2+ years of B2B or B2C Product Marketing, Marketing, or Strategy Consulting experience.
- Market & Customer Research experience preferred. SMB experience a plus.
- Self starter who initiates projects, delivers high quality content, and works quickly and efficiently.
- Curious, critical thinker who seeks to become an expert in whatever they do.
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Eager to build trust based relationships with cross functional teams.
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.